I hate transitions, probably more than the babies. And hate even more being such a softie. What's the longest transiton of the soothie you ladies endured?

We are taking bottles away. My youngest is 1 and oldest is 2. Now is the time. Of course the oldest is the hardest, this is the third and final round. Since the baby can transition now, which means no more bottles in the cupboard or sink, etc....no more anywhere for the older to see and HAVE TO HAVE.
So my questions I guess is....What is the longest it time some of you had to stick out the transiton. Whether it be from bottle to cup, from bottle to nothing, from loosing the pacifier....anything involved with the sucking? My son is high energy, more so than others and loves that sucking to calm down. But we can't have him sucking an empty bottle or thinking he needs 2 oz of water to go to sleep. Been hard the last few days. I know this will take a couple weeks or more. How long did it take some of you for this major transition?

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 9:53 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in General Parenting

• My son is 6 and just recently stopped sucking his thumb to get to sleep on his own. I am currently trying to break my 3 year old from sucking her thumb out of her bed and have been for the last year!! OMG she is going to go to Pre-K with her thumb in her mouth I just know it. lol. Bottle would be soooo much easier. Good Luck!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:00 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• We took my son's paci at 18 months. We had three days of hell and then he forgot all about it.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 10:01 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• they have belly ticklers at walmart in the juice isle my kids liked those otherwise distractions work best
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 10:18 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• We just deal with the fits and frustration usually no longer than a week.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 11:12 PM on Oct. 31, 2010