i'm a size 13/14 and lacking some self-esteem.....

not that I hate being a plus size, I was told this is the "average" size, I am down from a size 18 after my son 2 years ago s I have much more energy now and feel better about myself compared to then. But before pregnancy I was a size 11 and looking back I cant believe back then I thought I was big. Anyway, I do try to work out everyday, I eat healthy, I'm physically active with my son, sex life with SO is really good, I update my wardrobe when I can for better fitting clothes which helps boost me a little bit...I guess it's more the "lack of beauty" I feel. I wear glasses, my hair is boring, I own one pair of jeans....any esteem boosting tips you can share? I'm just having one of those days.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Seriously, when I got my hair cut short ( I have thin thin thin blonde hair. It's stringy and limp.) But when I got it cut into a short bob it made a world of difference. I had people tell me for months how great it looked, should have done it sooner. I suggest going to either a new salon or yours and asking what kind of cuts would look better. I just did it on my own, and I have the best woman, who is a friend , cut my hair. But sometimes, a hair change that is flattering makes a huge difference.
    And make up, when you wear it (I only wear it when I go out and about), less is more!!! Foundation, blush, mascara and a hint of eye shadow. All you need.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:59 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Remember you are beautiful. I totally understand how you can get down on yourself because I am the same way. For me I just think of ways I can change, like doing my hair differently or getting it cut. I hate shopping for clothes at this point, although I have a few brands of jeans that I love. Check out Khol's if you have one near you, their name brand jeans are comfortable and fit well.

Lastly, I keep a journal. When I am feeling down I write all the positives in my life and all the negatives. Usually the pos outway the negs and it is always a great way for me to get my frustrations out.

Good Luck and remember You Are Beautiful!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:00 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• thanks! I do put on mascara and maybe some eyeliner when I go out and that does make me feel good. I also recently thinned my eye broed which opened my eyes a bit. I'm letting them grow out so I can get them professionally arched. I could use a hair cut. I'm actually looking at some photos right now for ideas
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:02 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• thanks cornflake girl :) tori amos fan?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:03 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• We all have those days so just keep that in mind. Do something that makes you feel pretty. (hair, makeup, shave, perfume, whatever)
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 10:08 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I think you need a change, something like a haircut that you wouldn't normally try, or contacts or a new pair of glasses.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 11:32 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• do something different, see how you feel!
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:44 PM on Oct. 31, 2010