When are the best times to go to outlet malls?

Does anyone live near outlet malls or work at them and happen to know when the best sales/ clearances are? We live about an hour away from one and I like to go sometimes but it's hard to guess whether I'll find really good deals, sometimes I get lucky sometimes I don't. So if there are certain weeks of the year that are best I would like to know? Specifically I'm shopping for kids clothes and I don't mind buying ahead for the next year at the end of a season.

JenEliBella

Asked by JenEliBella at 10:00 AM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Shopping

• i would go to burlington coat factory -there is not just coats there, and usually after the seaons they have big sales and right before. i think outlet malls have better prices no matter what than the real malls. i would just find one near you and just call up and ask if they got any specials going on.
    ldc90

Answer by ldc90 at 3:02 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Google your outlet center to see if you can find out who it is owned by, for example Tanger, Prime outlets, etc. Then go on their website and sign up to get coupons and advance notice of sales. Also you can google coupons for specific stores: such as Carters, Childeren's Place, Ann Taylor etc and print off the coupons before you go shopping. I can usually save 10-20% for my shopping trips this way.
    lasfl

Answer by lasfl at 2:53 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Also I shop at the end of the season for the next year as well. Usually for summer the sales are in early July. I really don't pay as much attention to the other season sales since we live in Southern FL.
    lasfl

Answer by lasfl at 2:55 PM on Nov. 1, 2008