good or bad idea? adult content

So my dh wants a divorce, i do not. he's giving me a week to figure things out, house, job, etc. and we agreed that we just wanted to have an incredible week so we can remember the good times. We are not going to talk about us and live each day to its fullest and do things we loved to do when we got together to begin with, and of course lots of lovin ;) haha.
So im asking is this a good idea that maybe he will realize why he loved me and give us another chance or do you think it will only make things worse? Any advice would be great, thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• It seems a little strange to me. But I've been wrong before. But it seems like he gets to have sex with you, hang out with you, then next week throw you out?
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:09 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Love is a verb, not a feeling.

When y'all stopped acting in loving ways to each other, you started digging out each other's hearts. It has been my observation that, for the most part, it's done in this way: I love you, you're perfect, you're so different from me we complement each other perfectly... now change into me because I'm right and you're crazy and stupid.

Men hate criticism as much as women do. Men want (and deserve) respect. Men want to live in an atmosphere of peace and ease. Men like to feel powerful and strong and masculine. Men want to be with women who make them feel better about themselves than they do when they're alone.

If you haven't already read Divorce Busting, I would strongly recommend it.

But that ship may have sailed. If you have too long a history of contempt, criticism, shame, blame and control, he may have walled you off from his tender heart and be unwilling to let you back in. Ever.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 10:10 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• It is really hard to say. I think I would talk with him to see why he wants this week in the first place. Is there a chance that you can fix things, if so then I say go for it. If not then I might not do this week of fun and love. If he has already moved on then it might hurt you more then helping you,

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:10 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• If there is a chance of staying together, I say go for it. If there is NO chance that you will stay together, I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:34 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• haha thats funny dacinintherain and yes he said there was some chance so i just hope for the best. Thanks for the advice and i hope it doesnt come back to bite me in the butt
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 10:36 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• just watch and be ready for anything. he may or may not change his mind about the two of you. just be prepared.
    canta1980

Answer by canta1980 at 11:41 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• My last boyfriend before I met my husband....well I moved into his house and a year later wanted me out...i told him i would leave when i found a place...I did, and had to wait a week.
    For that week I cuddled up to him and we talked about our feelings and had some fun with the kids...kinda like a last hurrah!
    We wanted to be together but he thought my middle child was to outspoken for his taste so therefore he wanted to break it off between us. But even though he felt as he did we both knew it was the final week and made the most of it...the kids were 10, 12, and 16 and they don't even remember the last week or why we broke up. There is nothing wrong with having one good final week, if the kids don't remember at least you will.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:41 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• If there is even a slightest chance that, this week will change his mind then I say go for it. And make sure you put your all into it. GOOD LUCK :)
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 2:37 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I think it's a very bad idea to be honest. It just screws with your feelings.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:47 PM on Nov. 1, 2010