What's the best advice for 1st pregnancies?

wheather, advice you gotten or had witnessed first hand.

EricaBoughton

Asked by EricaBoughton at 10:13 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Get the epidural as soon as they offer it to you. It will help you relax and that baby will slide right out.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:26 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Ignore peoples "horror" stories!
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 10:30 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Exercise! The stronger you are before delivery the better.
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 11:46 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Read read read and the read some more. Every birthing, breast feeding and parenting book you can get your hands on. The more you know...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:15 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• those books like "what to expect when you're expecting" are great resources but don't base your pregnancy off the books alone! everyone is different.

for morning sickness eat saltines or anything w/ ginger!

it is ok to squat!!! a lady freaked out when she saw me squat when I was 7 months pregnant. she told me the baby's head would crack open. UUUUM no not true lmfao.

rest rest rest!!!!!! I recommend you do prenatal yoga. best thing I did!!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:18 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• OMG can't believe someone told her not to squat cause it'll break the baby's head lol
    AprylnAtticus

Answer by AprylnAtticus at 10:30 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• take advantage of all the kindness going around you (hopefully it is!) because in all your other pregnancies to come, nobody else will see it as "special" as this one or spoil you as much lol.
    and, you don't have to take others advice, it's just that and you can decide which ones to take or not. :) GL
    young-not-dumb

Answer by young-not-dumb at 12:47 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Take it one day at a time and enjoy it b/c once it's over u'll miss it trust me! Everytime I see a pregnant woman i want to cry cuz I miss that feeling soo much and I've had two babies!!! Enjoy it, Read, and find out as much as you can bout u and the baby and how ur body will grow and change through out ur 40wks of pregnancy!
    PrOuD_MaMa_2

Answer by PrOuD_MaMa_2 at 1:14 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Everything does not have to be new! I bought everything new with my first and it cost a bundle. Good used products are just as great! And when you buy diapers and wipes buy in bulk at like a warehouse store. You know you are going to use them so you should atleast shop smart.
    amandagrass

Answer by amandagrass at 6:18 AM on Nov. 1, 2010