FINALLY!

Ok, so the question is, how long after an ultrasound do they schedule you to be induced? How does it work?

I have an appointment for an ultrasound on Wednesday November 26th to check on his weight. How heavy does he have to be for them to induce? They already told me the reason why I get to have another ultrasound is because he was twice the size he's supposed to be when they did the last one. When they do the ultrasound I'll be 36 weeks, and at the last one when I was 28 weeks he was 4 pounds.

ours

Asked by ours at 10:09 AM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Okay, so I have to tell you that both my kids were at the almost 6 lb range when I was 28 weeks. I had 2 babies both over 10 lbs, full term, non induced, at home, natural labor, vaginal delivery. You son isn't too big, I mean will he be a scrawny US 6 lb baby, more than likely not, but consider maybe either yourself or your husband, were either of you big babies? Is hubby tall? Is his family tall? To answer your actual question, if they tell you that you need to be induced, it's usually you head to the hospital and they induce you right then, so take your overnight bag just in case! It's rare that they will have you come back in a few days if they deem there is a "problem".

smilinghug

Answer by smilinghug at 10:37 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I got told both my kids where big . first one they said he is around 9pd and my sec. they said he was like over 10pd my first one was 7pds 14 oz and my sec. was 7 pds 6 oz
    tryingmom203

Answer by tryingmom203 at 11:45 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I was induced with my daughter 3 days after my due date... but, they didn't do any u/s or any tests or anything for me. Maybe that was because I was late. I don't know. My OB with this pregnancy told me that if at 39 weeks the baby is big enough and your body is showing signs of wanting to go in to labor, that they can do it then... unless medically necessary to do it beforehand. That probably didn't help a whole lot! Good luck!
    LaneyCsMommy

Answer by LaneyCsMommy at 5:41 PM on Oct. 31, 2008