Does Slimfast work?

pickelmommy

Asked by pickelmommy at 10:16 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• For me it did not. I could not just drink a shake for breakfast and lunch and then have dinner. I do not know if it has changed, that is how it was when I tried it. I had head aches all the time.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:17 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• My friend lost 79 lbs staying on it for a year.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:20 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Define 'work'.

If you mean 'lose pounds of fat, muscle and bone, and then gain back more fat, faster on less food than ever before' sure. Works good.

Slimfast (like the rest of the diet programs out there) has a product to sell... and if they didn't have a pretty good idea that when you were 'done' you'd gain back most of the weight and need more again pretty soon, they'd have to come up with new customers all the time. Which no one wants to do, obviously.

Check out the ingredient list. You'll notice it's got a lot in common with infant formula --it's a cow's milk-based drink that has a multivitamin pill included. If you think that's a great 'meal' replacement, why not have a glass of milk and a vitamin? Seriously. You can add actual chocolate (or strawberry) to it, if you want it 'flavoured' and you'd still have a healthier snack than that yuk.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 10:21 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• My cousin lost about a good 100lbs, i tried it but never stuck w.it.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 10:24 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I used to drink a shake just for breakfast (I didn't do one for lunch) and it was helping me, but then I got pregnant, and had to stop. Mostly with me it was a quick breakfast to have when I was working, and therefore I didn't want to snack before lunch.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 10:36 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I tried them, but they just made me hungrier... I think like most things, it varies with different people!
    TiffyTaffy79

Answer by TiffyTaffy79 at 11:31 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• It can, until you stop.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:21 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Sure, if you follow their meal plan exactly. Problem is once you stop using it and go back to your normal eating you will end up gaining it all back, that goes the same for all "diets".
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:33 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Any diet work if you stick the plan. It's just a substitute for a regular meal.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 8:36 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Okay by sticking to the diet and exercising daily.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:26 AM on Nov. 1, 2010