Are teens too old for trick or treating?

I never thought so but last year when we went out, many house would not give teenagers dressed up any Candy, because they said they should be embarrassed because they are too old to be doing that. I thought that was sad because you are still a kid when you are a kid, and at least they are not out getting into trouble. What are your opinions?

lilymama03

Asked by lilymama03 at 10:13 AM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• I think people in our society grow up TOO Fast. I say Heck Yeah! If they are dressed up they should go trick or treating if they want. I hate it when people are handing our candy and they have the nerve to try and tell someone they need to "grow-up", who do they think they are? Just because they do not want to get into holiday spirit and have fun doesn't give them the right to past judgement onto others. I stopped trick or treating when I was 16 because that was my choice to do so. But I always dressed up. Now, I wouldn't give candy to some teenagers if they were not dressed up and just expected it- but thats a different situation. People wonder why kids want to have babies and stuff when they are 12 and 13 and everyone says the same thing "Oh- take your time, your just a kid, don't rush growing up" but then they throw a fit when a kid wants to be a kid a little bit longer and wants to trick or treat. (geez....*eye roll*)
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 11:56 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• NO! IT's not to old... I don't think there is an age limit on fun!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:14 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I think they should be allowed to trick or treat as long as they are dressed up. I don't care for it when I see teenagers doing it without wearing a costume. I agree, atleast they're not getting into trouble...good, clean FUN! I say let them do it as long as they want!
    supermomkell

Answer by supermomkell at 10:16 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• you're never too old to go trick-or-treating!!!!!!
    pam228

Answer by pam228 at 10:19 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I went trick or treating when I was a teenager. But I'm 21 now, and tonight when I take my son out trick or treating, I'm getting dressed carrying a bucket and asking for candy. Its the spirit of the night I think, to just get dressed up and be silly and have fun!
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 10:19 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• They might be and in some towns it's even illegal and they can be fine for doing so. (see here). Personally, I don't care! I always went trick or treating, even senior year of high school.... LOL

SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 10:21 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I personally did not allow my kids to trick or treat when they turned 14. We did a party at the house for their frioends instead. Trick or treat should be about the little ones in IMO.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:27 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I'm sorry I realized there is a typo in my question..I meant to say that you are still a kid when you are a teen.
    lilymama03

Answer by lilymama03 at 10:32 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I don't think that you should trick or treat after you are 12, that's my personal opinion, I think you stop being a "kid" once you become a teen, are you still someones child, yes, but you are now a young adult. Does that mean they can't have fun, uh no, how about hosting a small Halloween party, that's what I did. They everyone comes over you dress up and play Halloween games? But no trick or treating, that's just wrong in my opinion. I am one of those that doesn't give candy to older kids, sorry. They are so grown up right, I beat all of the teenagers refused to order stuff off the kids menu when they turned 12, so why go trick or treating?

smilinghug

Answer by smilinghug at 10:50 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• well where i live there are many teens go out to get candy but i think its not fair becauce many of us has small kids and we have to walk there paste and the older kids are getting all the candy and by the time we get to the 5th or 6th house they are all out and everyone is also.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 11:09 AM on Oct. 31, 2008