How many of use had kids to help us out with housework?

I know I can't wait till my child is old enough to help out some...LOL Ok, that isn't why I had'em, but hoping I can get them to pitch in....lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Jul. 4, 2008 in General Parenting

• I have 6 boys ages 15 to 7. They are hard workers. They can wash clothes, do dishes, clean a bathroom, fix things. Most of my friends kids dont do anything to help. I lost my mother at the age of 12, I didnt know how to do anything. It was me & my father. I had to learn to do things all at once. I didnt want to have that happen to my boys. Also to many men say I dont know how!! Not my boys, their wifes will be blessed some day! Start them young. I heard of one mother started her 3 yr old doing plasic dishes & cups. The little one enjoyed washing & playing in the water.
    Butterflymom006

Answer by Butterflymom006 at 2:35 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I HAVE A JOB SHEET BUT I DO NOT USE IT FOR CHORES. I HAVE POSSIBLE CHORES LISTED AND THE KIDS GET CHECK MARKS FOR DOING WITHOUT ASKING!!! BUT IF I ASK THEY DO NOT GET CHECK MARK...WE FIGURE PART OF FAMILY NEED TO HELP NO ALLOWANCE OR REWARD FOR DOING YOUR PART IN THE FAMILY. ON THEIR SHEETS THOUGH WHOMEVER GETS MOST BY CERTAIN TIME WILL GET A GOOD REWARD USUALLY UPWARDS OF A VALUE OF 60$ BECAUSE THEY ARE WILLING TO HELP WITHOUT BEING TOLD..WE HAVE 3 THAT ARE OLD ENOUGH TO HELP..
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 2:51 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• ITS OK TO FEEL THAT WAY AND ITS BEST THAT YOU START THEM OF VERY EARLY LIKE HOW TO KEEP THEIR ROOMS CLEAN AND FIX LIL FOODS THAT THEY LIKE FOR THEM SELVS CUS WHEN YOU DONT FEEL LIKE GET N UP TO DO IT THEN THEY CAN DO IT FOR YOU AND FOR THEM SELVS I HAVE A 16 YEAR OLD AND HE STARTED HELP N OUT FROM HE WAS 3 YRS OLD NOW I HAVE A FOUR YEAR OLD WHO STARTED WASHING FROM HE WAS 3YERS OLD THE MORE YOU LET THEM HELP AN DA BET R IT IS FOR U
    AND THEN THE OLDER THEY GET THEN YOU CAN START MAKING CHORS FOR THEM TO DO AND MAKE SURE THAT YOU INFORS THEM SO THEY WILL DO IT AT TIMES THEY MIGHT NOT WANT TO BUT ITS OK IN THE END WHEN THEY GROW UP THEY WILL BE GRATFULL FOR WHAT YOU HAVE TEACH THEM.
    IT HELPING THEM TO RESPONSIRBLE.
    mislady

Answer by mislady at 9:16 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• My children have daily, weekly and paying chores. We keep track of them with a sheet they initial after each chore. I pay them $1 a day if they do all of their daily chores plus one weekly chore. They chose to get paid for doing them and in exchange they save up for what they really want. It has saved me alot of time and money. Not only am I teaching them responsibility, but they are learning how to manage money.
    wilbursdaughter

Answer by wilbursdaughter at 10:05 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I didn't have them to help with house work, but they would swear to you I did. Kids need to learn resposibility. My kids do not get an allowance for doing house chores, we raised them to believe that since they live here, eat here, sleep here etc., it is jut part of being a team...
    mamaswholub

Answer by mamaswholub at 12:35 PM on Jul. 4, 2008