I am new to CafeMom, anyone have any advice?

I have found a few groups & joined them, played a few games, and figured out how to change the background of my homepage. What is the thing(s) that draw you all back, time and time again? I am a very busy mom/gramma. I have one grown daughter with an 18mo little girl & baby #2 due this Thanksgiving. Also, I have a special needs son at home whom I am homeschooling as well as working full-time for a Surgical Podiatric Practice where I am in charge of all things technical, surgical, electronic, and administrative for 2 doctors! Gesh, now that I've explained this.....I'm not sure I have any free time for this....nah, I'm just joking! I am looking for a few new friends, so send me a message if your thinking I might anything in common with you :) thanks, ~nisa

DisneyPrincessN

Asked by DisneyPrincessN at 10:38 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I would also visit the link at the bottom "frequently asked questions" and review the abbreviations. This will help you to understand a lot of the commentary on here.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:40 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• advice: stay away from the newcomers group unless you love immaturity and drama. lol.
    connorlove

Answer by connorlove at 11:16 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Looks like you are a bussy bee... with a good sense of humor!... Welcome...BTW I just came back to the site after two years!... So Welcome to me too! Lol
    Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 7:19 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• My best advice for you is to stay clear of all the drama posts. Also, if you find yourself in groups that no longer interest you or are inactive, try different once until you find one(s) you enjoy spending time in.

You said you work full time. I'll have my group admin send you an invite for my one group.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:52 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My advice is have fun!! Visit the places that interest you and, like others said, stay away from the drama groups. One of my fave places is here - the questions and answers. I have had a lot of good advice come out of here. I love the groups I am in, but I only have any real time for a couple. It is easy to forge friendships with the people in the groups you frequent. Find ones that fit and you will find some great people :)
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:03 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Thanks, so much for all the advice! I truely appreciate it! :) I just got & the baby has turned around and gained 2 pounds! they have sch'd a C-section for nov 19th & doc said she is to be careful, rest, drink plenty of fluids, and monitor those back cramps....she has been having contractions and didn't even know it! wow! I was really hoping to be a little more prepared than i am, but....'here we go again'! anyone else totally hear music when you read that phase?! LOL ~nisa
    DisneyPrincessN

Comment by DisneyPrincessN (original poster) at 6:01 PM on Nov. 2, 2010