Can i loose weight this way?

I been living for the past 4 years (having my son) with excess weight. And its really taking a toll on me. I just bought a game for the wii called Daisy Fuentes Pilates and will be doing it 2 times a day everyday. I plan on trying slim fast drinks and for a main meal a sub. I will also take some supplements to make things go smoother. Do you think all of this will help out with trying to loose weight?

MyAngelNick06

Asked by MyAngelNick06 at 10:51 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• It sure can't hurt anything, Good Luck!
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:54 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Since your body will metabolise bread as glucose (sugar) I would think you should stay away from the subs. An alternative would be those little sandwich rounds with turkey or some other lean meat. I would also avoid slim fast drinks. They just want to take your money. Just practice portion control and eat healthy. No fried foods, easy on the pasta and bread. drink water instead of sugary drinks. Go by the recommended portion sizes. MOST OF ALL go to Mypyramid.com and find something that works for you. good luck.
    Bennett121

Answer by Bennett121 at 10:56 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Sure, you'll end up losing weight, but unless you plan on drinking 2 meals a day for the rest of your life, you will not keep it off....in fact as soon as you finish the slimfast diet - you'll end up gaining it all back plus some.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:57 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• The main key is that you have to burn 3500 calories to lose 1 pound of weight. Your body still needs some calories to function and if you deprive it of that, it will go into starvation mode and you will put on weight instead.

Google for a BMR. It will tell you how many calories you need to consume for your body to function. Then I would go to the sparkpeople website. They will customize a plan that tells you how many calories you need to eat a day to lose a certain amount of weight a week to get to your goal.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:59 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• For me it helps to focus on health instead of weight. Stay away from any scales and analize your eating. Make small changes and put your focus on eating healthy foods during the day and drink hot drinks instead of cold. It is crucial to stay away from food after 6:00 pm for loss. The least processed the foods the better. Try to eat natural. It has to be a life change instead of "losing weight." Just stay grateful and make it fun... Hugs !! :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:11 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• You might want to try something you can actually do in the long term, unless you plan to do this every day for the rest of your life. Otherwise, you'll gain back every ounce and more when you stop.
    Look into Clean Eating. It's MUCH more balanced, and it's all about health and lifestyle, as opposed to a quick fix. If you know anything about nutrition and physiology, you know that doing something as drastic as you are will actually slow down your metabolism.
    You need to get your heart rate up, too. Even adding walking to your routine (and then maybe do the Pilates once a day) would help, and it would be good to add some resistance training as well.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:09 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I answer these kinds of questions a lot so I decided to write a journal post awhile ago to refer moms to as it is kind of long. You can find it here. I hope it helps:)

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:31 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• The Wii is a fantastic way to help trim the pounds. I would also pick up the Wii Fit Plus and do that on top of the other one you bought. Alternate days with these.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:17 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• u can sure cus its exercise
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:44 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• This---It sure can't hurt anything, Good Luck!
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 5:42 PM on Nov. 1, 2010