Politics

If Sarah Palin decides to run for President in 2012 will you vote for her? If not why not?

Momabear455

Asked by Momabear455 at 10:57 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't know yet. I'm the mother of a special needs child myself and I know the stress that places on a family. However, her husband is now a stay at home dad, so it isn't like they don't have a parent around to take care of the kids. Also, the reason she resigned was because she had so many frivolous ethics complaints lodged against her that she was UNABLE--not unwilling--to do her job as governor properly.

I support her as a conservative woman; however, I don't know yet if I will support her as a presidential candidate. I fear she will be eaten alive by the media and by the opposition.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 11:52 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• No I disagree with her views on most issues. She has not shown strength of character in terms of accepting an elected position and actually following through the duration. Her special needs son should come FIRST with both parents for the next few years-the presidency would not allow that flexibility. Heck people here are miffed that BO ditched a 7,500/plate dinner in lieu of tucking in his daughters and walking the dog.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:10 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I agree with sister!
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:34 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Probably Not. I'm holding out for someone else.. ;o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:15 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• She won't win. She's too polarizing.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 8:24 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• No.

Joe Scarborough made an interesting statement about her running this morning...About senior republicans fearing she would run and marginalize the part for at least a decade (keep them in the minority) , All of the thinking people will leave their party....and he said the reason they won't speak out about her in public ?? They don't want to piss off HER base (whoch is LARGE and they VOTE)...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:06 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I'm all for strong women in politics. We need the representation. However, I would never, ever place my vote with Palin. She does not represent me or my values--even as a parent of a child with special needs. I have seen nothing from that woman that instills confidence. She is negative, nasty and full of "folksy" quips that offer nothing of any substance. She would be a disaster for this nation if she were to somehow win the presidential election of 2012. As others have pointed out, though, she is too polarizing to be a real threat to any candidate, whether Republican, Democrat, or any other party (except maybe the Tea Party--for some unfathomable reason, they seem to really like her. . .).

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 9:08 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Dear Lord...this terrifies me. The idea of that woman having the football gives me nightmares. The thought that Palin having the power to issue EO's gives me cold sweats. She's a fool.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 9:26 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• No. I seriously doubt she would get past primaries.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:44 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• If it were down to her or Obama...if the Democrats were going to have the majority in the Congress I would certainly vote for her. If the Republican/Independents were to have it I might would vote for Obama...crazy thought huh....probably not...but maybe.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:09 AM on Nov. 1, 2010