How many baby things did you buy that you never even opened?

I'm a nanny so I know what I actually need and dont but it cracks me up when I see women in the store buying wipes warmers and kid leashes and every silly gadget they have for baby

AprylnAtticus

Asked by AprylnAtticus at 10:59 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have taken back anything that I've received that I wouldn't need (like 13 packs of baby wash cloths!!! and probably 10 extra receiving blankets- there's no way we'll need that many! Oh and I received 3 little bouncy seats and took 2 back) I exchanged those for things I figured I would want/need (a potty chair- never hurts to plan ahead) a stroller, a diaper pail, etc...
    I also have a bunch of diaper rash cream that I'll probably take most of it back because I will be using cloth diapers most of the time and you can't use cream with cloth diapers
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:38 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Wipe warmer was one for me. I did get a child harness and have used it several times. i also had a changing table that actually became a catch all instead.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:01 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Not many. I have a few unopened tubes of diaper rash cream. My son is 13 months and has never had diaper rash. I also bought some medinurser thing, which you can feed them medicine through a nipple. I've never had to use it. I'm sure there are a few other things.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:01 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• wow lucky you never having to deal with diaper rash do a lil dance and celebrate that
    AprylnAtticus

Comment by AprylnAtticus (original poster) at 11:05 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• None. I never did the baby shower thing. Everything I bought I used.
    amandagrass

Answer by amandagrass at 6:08 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• the only thing we didn't open was one package of newborn diapers...because i couldn't find them.....so we regifted and handed them off to my best friend who had her baby 2 months after me. our changing table was useless, and became a catchall for stuff...but we never bought anything that we never opened.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 2:41 PM on Nov. 1, 2010