Has anyone gone through Gastric Bypass Surgery?

JeremyJulieMom

Asked by JeremyJulieMom at 11:12 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Health

• No, I haven't but my best friend has...She lost over 180 lbs. and was doing very well..She then re-gained all the weight plus some and is now in a wheelchair because of the weight..and her health is on the decline...She would tell you that the by-pass work and did just what it was suppose to but she didn't...Good luck and God bless you in your endever...
    motherganey5

Answer by motherganey5 at 11:26 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I personally have not but have friends who have and it definately is a surgery that varies from person to person. One lady I worked with had little to no results, but on the other hand two other friends who have lost alot of weight with this procedure. Their only complaint to this day 9 years later is that it is still hard to eat steak and other harder meats. Good luck to you with this!
    Krystal1380

Answer by Krystal1380 at 11:46 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• There have been a few I have known but ...but it is so much healthier to just lose weight naturally by eating much less and gradually adding exercise every day...walking is fine. ANY surgery is dangerous. Eating less saves your life.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:49 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I want it!!
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 12:59 AM on Nov. 1, 2010