how much candy should you let your kids eat?

yankeegirl87

Asked by yankeegirl87 at 11:13 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Tonight I let my ten yr old have 5 small pieces. IDK really. After tonight I might let him eat just a few pieces a week. Not every day. Good question!
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 11:16 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• my son is 15 months and he only got 4 teeth and i only gave him a half of a hershey bar
    yankeegirl87

Comment by yankeegirl87 (original poster) at 11:18 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I don't think there is a set amount. You know your kid, you know what is to much and what isn't. My kids get 2 or 3 pieces a night til it's gone, but it matters what the candy is and how big the pieces are too...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:31 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• thats true
    yankeegirl87

Comment by yankeegirl87 (original poster) at 11:33 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• just a few and that's it... this late at night with to much sugar would make me go crazy lol.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 11:40 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Mine get one in the morning, one in the afternoon, and one after dinner, and they're not allowed to accumulate (i.e., even if they don't eat their morning candy, they still only get one after nap). And I don't offer, I wait till they ask.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:42 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I let my son have one small bag of plain M&Ms tonight, but he's 2 and only recently found out what candy is. If he was older, probably a few pieces then we could save some of the rest to have a little here and there (might freeze some so it will last longer) and maybe give some away (at DH's work) if there's a lot. I think I used to eat several pieces the night of Halloween and then packed one or two candies in my lunch box each day when I was a kid.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:42 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I let each of them have 3 pieces each on Halloween night. After that, the candy has to be earned.
    Bree0922

Answer by Bree0922 at 12:01 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I agree you should limit candy intake....but after you spend a while thinking of where you can hide the basket and your 5 year old still finds, it is hilarious! lol
    ProudMommyOH3

Answer by ProudMommyOH3 at 12:01 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• A 15mo baby has no need for candy at all, so none is a quality amount, imo. At that tiny body size, they need few calories and displacing them with even 100 made of junk could well mean that 1/5 or more of their daily intake is nutrition free.

He doesn't need to know anything about candy at this age, and it should not be around on offer.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:06 AM on Nov. 1, 2010