Am I going crazy?

I am 42 years old and have hypothyroidism. I am also peri-menopausal...There are days that I don't even like myself or feel I can have a clear headed thought..My TSH levels are on the rise and have been for the past 7 months even though my Synthroid has been upped on several ocassions..Peri-menopause is an issue all it's own...Any one going or have gone through one or both of these issues, they do seem to go hand in hand.. Thanks..

motherganey5

Asked by motherganey5 at 11:22 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Health

• I can empathize. I had been having all those problems since May. I finally saw the Dr. who ran a Thyroid Panel which all came back normal. He put me on the Estra Derm Patch, but that wouldn't stay on. I was sweating like crazy, so that's why I thought Thyroid. He finally gave me Activella and put me on Inderal for the heart pounding and sweating. After one week, I am totally back to normal. You might check those out. I know all Dr's are different, but seriously, I told him give me drugs or I WILL hurt someone.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:01 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Of course they go hand in hand... hasn't your endoctrinologist pointed out that your hormone systems are all inter-twined? As one fluctuates (age, weight gain or loss, dietary or exercise changes) others fluctuate in response.

Synthroid has, on a number of occasions, got to pay millions in fines because their tablets' dosages are too often wildly inaccurate --from none at all to more than 100x the labelled dose.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:52 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Our family doctor said that I didn't need to see an endoctrinologist because he is only treating "a lab" be I continue to have more problems..weight, heart rate, trouble remembering, easily upset..ect...I think it's time for a new doctor...Do you know if there is a great difference in the Synthroid and the levythyroxin?
    motherganey5

Comment by motherganey5 (original poster) at 12:02 AM on Nov. 1, 2010