• In the Spotlight:

Marriage??

My boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years. I love him to death and He always tells me he loves me. We have our ups and downs but what relationship doesnt? I really think this is the person I want to spent the rest of my life with and plus i never thought I would get pregnant before getting married. Im only 19 and he is 18 years old. I don't want to bring marriage up but I do want to know what he thinks about it. I mean, I guess I'm scared. But this is something I want more than anything. What should I do?

1mommie19

Asked by 1mommie19 at 11:34 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• You need to tell him exactly when you just stated above. If you think this is a relationship that you can see lasting a lifetime, tell him. You need to decide if marriage is something you would like. If it is, you definitely need to look into it. I know some people are satisfied to live life like you are doing now, but I believe YOU should have what YOU want. Otherwise, no matter how hard you try, you will never be satisfied. Right now might not be the best time, you might want to organize your thoughts and how you want to approach this and do it when you and he are alone.

I seriously wish you the best and commend you on such an adult thought. You seem very mature.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:41 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• You're both too young to be considering marriage or parenthood for that matter.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:52 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Well its a little to late to say considering parenthood since im 12 weeks prego. Lol but thanks for your opinion.
    1mommie19

Comment by 1mommie19 (original poster) at 11:58 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• You do need to tell him what you are feeling. If you can't talk to him, you can't have a healthy relationship. You never know, he may be feeling the same way!! As far as you being too young to consider marriage or parenthood - from what you wrote I gathered you are already pregnant, right? So parenthood is already decided. Personally I was 18 and dh was 19 when we got married and we are doing just fine - 18 years and 3 children later. We had all sorts of people telling us we wouldn't make it, that we were too young, etc etc etc. I KNEW I wanted to marry him, I KNEW he was the right person, and I KNEW we would be just fine. Would I recommend marriage that young? Not necessarily - it is HARD WORK. But you have a child coming and you will be together anyway. You already know you want to be with him. So TELL him you want to make it permanent :) Good luck!!
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:01 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• marriage you have to work at it,on both side's.So just talk to him tell him how you feel.Make shure both of you are going to be willing to work at it.There has been couples your age, that have good marriage.So I'm not going to say you are to young.I didn't get married until I was 30.There was no way I could have done it when I was younger,that me though.I wouldn't jump in it to soon.Good luck I hope everything works out for you.
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 12:03 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• My husband and I have been together for 5 years. When I got pregnant with our daughter he was 18 and I was 19. I never thought I would get pregnant before I was married but since it happened... :) We actually talked about it, but as much as I wanted to be married to him, I didn't want to feel like he was only marrying me because of our daughter. I explained all of this to him... Personally I believe that having a baby is the worst reason in the world (but that is my own opinion). We got engaged before our daughter was born but we actually didn't get married till this last may, 4 1/2 years after we found out that we were going to have our daughter. It was a personal choice on both of our parts and I am glad that we made it. All I can say is have an honest conversation with him about how you feel and your thoughts... and when he talks, listen to his. In the end it will all work out. :)
    justduckie_mom

Answer by justduckie_mom at 12:06 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Thank you all.
    1mommie19

Comment by 1mommie19 (original poster) at 12:06 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• One day when both of you are sitting down and casually talking, just casually mention to him that you would like to hear his thoughts on marriage. Does he know you are pregnant yet? Getting married because you're pregnant isn't always the right answer. I was 19 and my boyfriend was 18 when we got married, and we wound up divorced. But this doesn't necessarily mean this will happen to you.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:00 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• yes he knows im pregnant and he is excited about it. He has mentioned getting engaged before but this was before i was pregnant and now it hasnt been brought up since.
    1mommie19

Comment by 1mommie19 (original poster) at 1:10 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Tell him how you feel.
    my2loves0607

Answer by my2loves0607 at 10:09 AM on Nov. 1, 2010