it just feels awkward to me..... that when i got pregnant with my son and my family found out. everyone had something negative to say and even that i should get an abortion. now my son is here and everyone wants to give their suggestions and take over.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in General Parenting

• ignore, ignore, ignore! they will do it no matter what, just smile and nod, and if they give a peice of good advice, then yay.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 11:58 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Amazing how a child inside the womb can be taken so lightly and yet that same child, once born, suddenly becomes "real". Don't let their foolishness make you bitter. Family, in their own awkward way, wants only whats best for you. Forgive them for being so frustrating, but hold firm in your stance in being mother. Ask for advice when needed, accept help when needed, and learn to listen politely and ignore some things and say a polite no thanks to other things that wont work.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 11:48 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Honey, that's just family doing what they do best, being family. It sounds like they only want you to have a good life, otherwise, they would never voice their opinions.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:43 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• if you don't like it.. tell them to back of the baby is yours! tell them "i know you're just trying to help, but he's my kid i know how to take care of him" my mom was doing that crap when i lived with her, she would totally go against what i would say!
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 11:44 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• There is nothing wrong with suggestions. They are just giving you ideas. It doesn't mean that you have to use their suggestions. Being a parent is finding out what is right for them on your own, sometimes you may even want a suggestion. Just remember, you are the parent and you get the final say so.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:56 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• it's funny how things like that work out.... what they need to do is shut up and mind there own busniess...
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 11:47 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Are you the baby of the family? I am and I am 24, married and had been trying for over a year. When I finally got pregnant and it stuck longer than 12 weeks, my mom asked me if I was sure I wanted to do this..... Uh ya! She explained that she is super excited for a grandbaby but since I am her "baby" she still thinks of me as a little girl even though she has always bragged about how mature I have always been. I guess it's just hard for some family members to see you as a grown woman and I think maybe they are seeing you as the little girl you once were and think they are helping by offering unsolisited advice.
    Sonnyswife

Answer by Sonnyswife at 11:56 PM on Oct. 31, 2010