Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Tampon In Too Long adult content

Please I need someones opinion. I've recently been having excessive discharge and way low abdominal cramping. I went to bed this evening and felt something in my shorts I turned the light on to find a rolled up tampon in my underwear. It's been balled up way in my vagina for over a month; I don't know how this happened or how I didn't feel nor remember I had a tampon in last month. Is there something I need to be concerned with?

Answer Question

Asked by noahsmommy310 at 11:43 PM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Health

Level 2 (0 Credits)
Answers (11)
  • if it's been in over a month and just came out you should talk to your dr about it just in case!

    Answer by proudmommy690 at 11:45 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

  • Now that it's gone, you are probably going to find the symptoms go away. Vaginas are self-cleaning (as you have just witnessed) so with the item gone the problems should go away, too. If symptoms persist, you may need an antibiotic to clear up the infection.

    Answer by LindaClement at 11:46 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

  • What potential problems could there be?

    Comment by noahsmommy310 (original poster) at 11:46 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

  • Just leave it alone for a few days unless you are in serious pain. Your body will clean itself out on it's own. I was raped when I was 15 and had a tampon jammed into my cervix for 2 months. My pores reeked, I had discharge, cramping, even went to the gyno for the smell and they never found the tampon!! Finally it fell out. After that it went away quite quickly.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

  • watch out for a fever

    Answer by momslikeme366 at 11:53 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

  • It might be worth at least a call to your OB. They can make the judgment call as to whether or not you should be seen, and will tell you what to look out for. Hopefully, your immune system can handle it on its own, but I say it's at least worth a call in the morning.

    Answer by musicpisces at 11:54 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

  • I would see a Doctor. Pelvic infections do result from an old tampon. If you ever want to have children, you do NOT want a pelvic infection. It will close your tubes with scar tissue and cause so many problems. DOn't just let the infection sit and grow more bacteria.

    Answer by kerp1960 at 12:06 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

  • Definitely make a call and get that checked out. Particularly if you are having pelvic pain. I worked in OB/GYN and this happened a lot.

    Answer by Izsarejman at 1:26 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

  • Ouch... a month? I will check with OBGYN just in case you develop an infection...


    Answer by Monica655 at 7:00 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

  • Oh, my goodness a month. Yes, do see a doctor or just calling their office to see what they can advice. GL

    Answer by musicmom08 at 9:31 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Health
Bacterial Vaginosis