How do i find out about grandpartents rights in Missouri?

My youngest son's ex-girlfriend wont let us see our granddaughter anless she is there to watch.From January 2,2010 we have only seen her 4 times.We use to get her once a week.But on 1-2-10 when(she was 2)she was droped off at our house realy ealy in the morning.When i toke her from her mom i did not notice any thing becouse it was still dark and i had the lights off.I toke her to bed with me.When we woke up i saw her face, her lip was busted and her eye was black&blue.Pappa & i asked what happened she just looked at her feet and said nothing.That was the day my husband (Pappa)was getting baptised and all of our kids were going to be there.Our oldest daughter that lives over a 100 miles away got here and saw Jade,her and her husband do foster care.And said it looked like she had been hit.So when Jade's dad got here he toke her to the hospitle.For the rest plaese write me. Thank you & God Bless

rollamom

Asked by rollamom at 12:17 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:22 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• http://grandparents.about.com/od/grandparentsrights/qt/Grandparent_Rights_in_Missouri.htm

might be a good place to start. ?!? good luck
    Dandylionslayer

Answer by Dandylionslayer at 12:24 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Why didn't you call the police and take her to the hospital right away? Why didn't you call her dad right away? You honestly didn't do her any favors by not trying to get emergency custody that day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• check out this web site. it has some good info for you. hope it helps http://www.yourchild1st.com/artman/publish/article_12.shtml
    1htmma4624

Answer by 1htmma4624 at 1:53 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Why did you not call the police? I am suprised the hospital did not call child services or something.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 7:53 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• my heart goes out to you. Not sure how to find out about grandparents rights in missouri, but in the state of MA, we have none unless you have been a part of the childs life for a long period of time. My husband and I are faced with a similar situation, our son and his wife have a boy, our grandchild, they won't allow us to see him. we have seen him 4 times in almost 2 years. They have issues with us over very immature things and won't speak to us, so they use this as basically punishment for us. It makes me so angry at them, and so hurt that we don't even know him. We cant even give him gifts unless we ask, then they want receipts so they can return them. I started a bank acct for him, thats what I've been doing for him. someday I hope things will change. But, you need to see a lawyer, maybe they can help you. They couldn't help us. good luck.
    cardinal58

Answer by cardinal58 at 10:36 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Grandparent rights do NOT exist. The Supreme Court ruled so just a few years ago. The ONLY way to get visitation or custody is if one or both parents are deemed unable to care for the children by the state or are dead and you had regular visitation before said event. So there is a LOT to prove.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 2:16 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• i to have not seen my grandchild ,i am afraid what is happening to her ever time we go to see her they are not home or she is not there,i have called cas to check on her but i hear nothing i have lawyer that is looking into it know ,and there a good chance i will have her in my home soon ,that best way is go to your lawyer and find out your rights if you have pictures of your grandchild they will help,also get doctors report when she went to the hospital that will as well,write ever thing down on paper how she looks when she comes and see you and take picture as well , keep the report under lock and key till you see your lawyer and good luck
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:51 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

Some states grandparents DO have rights.

matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:44 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• States can NOT overrule federal law and rulings!
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:14 AM on Nov. 4, 2010