Weird reaction.......Not sure the why...

Well we got home from trick or treating. I ate a reeses peanut butter cup. My front inside lip swelled. I went numb in my lips and cheeks. I am NOT allergic to peanut butter. Have eaten many reeses through the years. I ended up taking benedryl. Still a few hours later my front lip area is numb. The swelling had come down. My thoughts are I have either developed an allergic reaction the the peanut butter cup or someone put something in it. What do you think could have caused this? Crazy!!!

Iluvmy5

Asked by Iluvmy5 at 12:19 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Health

• sounds to me like you developed a reaction , it does happened often to many people. so call your doctor and have them check it out and while you wait for an answer stay away from chocolate and peanuts.

pinkrayn

Answer by pinkrayn at 12:58 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Maybe call your doctor (most of them have an emergency number) and see what they say.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:33 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I would talk with your Dr. asap and check the other candy you received to make sure it wasn't tampered with.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 1:52 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• If the Benadryl didn't help much, I will monitor the lip a few more hrs, and if it still numb, make an apt with your dr...
    Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 6:57 AM on Nov. 1, 2010