Is a 1 year warranty good for a slow cooker?

I just bought a crock pot and the warranty is good for 1 year,I didn't know this when I bought it and actually I forgot to look for ones with a good warranty.Does yours have a 1 year or more warranty and what brand do you use,I got mine at target it's crock pot brand,it says it's been around for 35 yrs.

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 12:25 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Food & Drink

• The one year warranty that comes with most small appliances is standard to protect against manufacturer's defects only. Some may offer a longer warranty, but to be honest, when it comes to a crockpot, you don't need a longer warranty. Crockpots last forever and a day..lol. I've got a 5qrt that is nearly 20 years old (got shortly after we got married 20 years ago) and a little 1 qrt that I just bought last year for dips & sauces and I've never had a problem with either.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:53 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I've never had anything go wrong with a crock pot. My mom used the same one for over 20 years with no problems. I don't think you have anything to worry about. And IMO you got the best brand there is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• You're good. Crock pots don't often break down.When/If they do you just chuck em'!!
    What size did you get?
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 1:18 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• A one year warranty is standard for most appliances, major and minor. You did fine. I have had many crockpots over the years, and never had a problem with any of them, just wanted a newer model. I have two that I still use for holidays that are at least 25 years old. The biggest problem that I can think of is dropping the insert and breaking it. You'll be fine. And you'll enjoy the ease of cooking in it.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:37 PM on Nov. 1, 2010