Have you ever used medicated face washes on your child?

My daughter had a pimple on her nose,we think it's because a build up of sunscreen during the summer but it could be early puberty.I used clean and clear cleanser and it took the pimple away fast.She walks to school around traffic and when I use clean and clear on a cotton ball the cotton ball is always dirty,so the car fumes are sticking to her face besides her face oils.I'm going to ask her doctor about this but just wondering if any of you have used this or another brand.I use Johnson and Johnson sensitive skin clean and clear,we use it 2 times a week.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would just have her wash with a washcloth with something gentle like phisoderm or something like it
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:02 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Ok since this age group is such a span.....At 5 probably not but by 8 yeah I would use some medicated things cuz puberty is starting by then. I think you are good with the clean and clear sensitive. My boys are 11 and 12 and I have them wash their face with acne stuff but also the sensitive skin type.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 11:04 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• i use the clean and clear stuff too for my 8 1/2 yr old son
    hotmama83227

Answer by hotmama83227 at 12:38 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• No, so far my son has had no issues with his face and he just washes in the shower with soap.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:04 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• no it might break out there face
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 1:00 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I use it for my kids about once every 2 weeks when we have a spa night
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 5:45 PM on Nov. 22, 2010