DO YOU THINK A TWO YEAR OLD SHOULD STOP SUCKING A BOTTLE

or what age should a child sucking a bottle.

canta1980

Asked by canta1980 at 12:48 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Technically, beyond a year is considered too old. But some kids do it beyond a year. You can try going cold turkey, or you can try offering a sippy cup instead and having the bottle available if needed. It's up to you.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:50 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• A child should be weaned from the bottle no later than 18 months old.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:50 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I asked the question because my friend has a child that's three year old and still sucks a bottle.
    canta1980

Comment by canta1980 (original poster) at 12:52 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• It's said by doctors, medical and dental, and child care programs and workers 12 months so that it doesn't interfere with there dentition among other things.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 12:52 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• My son is 16 months old and has been off the bottle since he's been off formula, His doctor advised us to only use his bottle for formula and to use a sippy cup for juice, water, or milk. It worked out very well and I think 2 is a little old to still be on a bottle.
    amygoetsch

Answer by amygoetsch at 12:54 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• My daughter was about 15-16 months old and she gave it up for a sippy cup.
    I didn't give my bottle up til I was 3 years old and my mom told me the spiders took it up in the attic and I wasn't about to mess with no spiders to get my bottle back lol But I didn't have any kinds of problems from sucking a bottle til I was 3.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 12:57 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I think it's a personal decision as to what works best with your child. My 1st son gave it up before he was 2, but the 2nd son, who is 2 now, still want the bottle at night. I can promise that he will not go down the isle, be it graduation or wedding, with a bottle in his mouth.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 1:05 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• thats so weird that you guys say 12-18 months max...because literally, everyone i know that has had kids, their kids have had bottles up until they were 2 or 2.5yrs old..but only at bedtime!! they never have them during the day..actually, i have one friend now, whos son is gonna be 2 yrs next month, and he still has bottles during the day, because he will not eat regular food..and hes got MAJOR allergies towards lots of food..so the dr has told my friend, that he needs to still have a bottle, because he needs his nutrients and what not...i stopped giving my daughter a bottle at just under 2yrs old..about 22 months..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:06 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• For me, yes, 1 year is too old, but I can't control what others do with their children.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:16 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• 11months
    homemakeingmom

Answer by homemakeingmom at 1:17 AM on Nov. 1, 2010