how can i go bout this

ok so i want to talk to my dr about my weight issue but i dnt know how to bring it up or wat to say to her i have been thinking about this alot now and i take my daughter for her 2 month shots on the 10 and i wanna bring it up but im emarresed to talk bout the subject im a shy person when it comes to that im only 20 and i want to live my life happy so have any one else had trouble talking to there dr if so how did u finally talk to them about it and wat questions did u ask them also i dnt want to bring my mom along cuz it will be more harder for me to talk bout it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• She's your doctor so obviously she knows how much you weigh. Just ask her "what can we do about the extra weight?". Say you have been looking into pills, surgery, etc. Whatever you have been thinking of. I had no problem approaching my doc for pills. In fact I switched docs to one that I knew prescribed weight loss pills.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:06 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Ask her to check your BMI, Body Mass Index. You will most likely need to make your own appt. but let her know you want to check that and when can you get a full physical so you know where your lipil panel is at, cholestrol. When she ask why tell her you are going to plan a diet and excersise.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 1:10 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Oh and if you still see the OB for post ask her too, make sure your physically cleared by your OB if your post is longer than 6 weeks.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 1:12 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Write down all of your questions and when she asks you if you have any questions for her, tell her.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:16 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• i agree with pp's
    san78

Answer by san78 at 11:50 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• When I was nursing, I didn't lose the weight I had gained. It did come off when I finished breastfeeding.
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 7:18 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I talked to my doctore. Swallowed my "pride" so to speak and practically BEGGED her for suggestions. She was very nice about it, checking my BMI, blood pressure, and doing a few blood tests to make sure my triglyceride level & cholesterol levels were okay, as well as my thyroid levels. She gave me some advice about portions...how many calories I should be taking in given my height and weight, and assuring me that I can take care of this. I go back and see her in February for a follow up. If I want, at that point, she'll refer me to a nutritionist.

If you LIKE your doctor and trust them, speak to them. They WILL help you.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 10:39 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• you can't be embarassed with your Dr, they see/hear everything, so bring it up
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 10:52 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Why be embarassed?
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 9:51 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• would you be more comfortable talking to the doctor about ways you might improve your health for your daughter's sake? Ask your dr for their recommendations on improving your health, the dr should get the hint and take it from there. Good Luck!
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 2:13 AM on Nov. 27, 2010