i hate my mil! help please adult content

Ok i really hate my inlaws and i am having the hardest time with it because dh is really close to his family. I was recently diagnosed with bi polar disorder and we found out that i had that becuase i started doing some pretty screwed up stuff...totally messed up our finances and crap like that. I get that i messed up but, dh is here and we are working on our problems and i don't understand why they can't just stay the f out of our marriage...I mean really I get that its her son and she loves him and is worried but, my mom can do that without going to far why the f can't she and how do i deal with it.....sorry long story kind of ranted a bit...if you need more info to help just ask and i will tell you whatever!

momofone072506

Asked by momofone072506 at 1:22 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• I think the first step is not sharing your private life with his family (or yours). If you can get him on the same page to stop sharing all the little details with his mom that would probably help a lot. Everyone makes mistakes but sometimes it seems like people are looking for you to mess up so they can rub your face in it (maybe your MIL). Try to talk to DH & let him know you want to keep the stuff between the 2 of you private, it really isn't anyone else's business. good luck.
    oahoah

Answer by oahoah at 1:49 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• http://www.cafemom.com/group/32665
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• girl i feel you my mother in law and i we like cats and dogs we had some pretty big fights in the pass i told her how i felt and how she makes me feel but didnt work so you know i stop caring and if she says or do something to me i just ignore her completly -- my in laws hate me too but whatever i dont care as long as my husband loves me and stays with me im all good-- girl talk to them and if dosnt work forget them and do your own thing with your husbnd -- ther eis no need for you to stress over something that dosnt really matter--

ps.
    girl im not saying fight with em no what im saying is to try to work things out and if it dosnt work out well just concetrate on your husbnd and you-- you dont want to be like cats and dogs because belive me it would kill you and your husband ..
    Genesis29

Answer by Genesis29 at 4:03 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I tried kindly telling my MIL to stay out of our business and that she was poking around too much and she didn't listen. Then I again tried saying it kindly, but a little harsher. When that didn't work I blew up on her. Finally I agreed to live and let live till she started her shit again and this time I told her to stay out of my life.
    Her and her son still speak and such, but I stay away from her stupid meddling ass.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:33 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Oh don't thumbs down me! It's a MIL group - talk to others in similar situations with their MILs and ILs!
    Anonymous

• I have the reverse problem! I would go and complain to my mom and then she'd be angry with my dh. I guess it is his mother's protective nature to "protect" her ds from our actions. That being said, your dh will have to learn, as I did! Not to share those details with his mother/family. Then you will have to tell her that you understand that she is concerned for her son, but your marriage is between you and dh and that you two will work your problems out. And make it clear to your dh that you need those boundaries!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:21 PM on Nov. 3, 2010