Did you tween go trick or treating?

This is the first year that my 12 year old didn't go trick or treating. Lots of older kids go where we live in our small community so it's not an age issue. We had family come over to our neighborhood and he still choose to not go with them. I am actually wondering if he is depressed or suffers fromm holiday depression. Or is that overreacting and he is just being a moody stuborn teen.

mom2priceboys

Asked by mom2priceboys at 1:26 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• DS,11,went with us and had a great time!
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 1:32 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• It sounds like he just didn't want to go.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:45 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• My 11 year old went with excited anticipation, my 12 year old is just so much moodier. It was very odd that he didn't even want to go with his older cousins.He loves to hang with them!!
    mom2priceboys

Comment by mom2priceboys (original poster) at 2:20 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• my son wanted to go with us and he's 11 and he loves to go every year

honesty33

Answer by honesty33 at 8:40 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• My ten-year-old went.....your child may have just outgrown it and doesn't find it fun at the moment.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:12 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• my almost 12 yo son didnt want to go but he did. he wont next year i bet. his friend was going so he did too. i was wondering the same thing but i think he has lost some of the younger ideas of how cool to dress up. he thought it was a lot of work for candy when he isnt qa big candy kid. also he has braces so lots of candy off limits anyway.
    stargazer74

Answer by stargazer74 at 10:05 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• my dd just turn 13 a couple of weeks ago and she was more than eger to go with her brother 9 and her cousins 5,6.....she dressed up and everything......but when we got going she turned in to this very moody little brat who had to be total off a couple times before she understud that it was about the little kids not her......and my dd 15 and a group of her friends when trick or treating together and had a great time.....so think its just the age range there not quite kids and not quite old enough to be on there own.....i say just let him be and see how he acts for the next couple of months....then decide what to do.......
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:10 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• My 10yo went out with her 2 friends from school (both 11, I think) and the one's little sister (7).  My 9yo son went with his friend, his friend's little sister, our middle daughter (8) and the friend's dad.  We were actually all in one group (not the 10yo and her friends, they went out later than us) but our 4yo was so slow that we got separated from the other kids.

I HATED Halloween when I was a kid, though, so as soon as my mom would allow me to stay home and pass out candy I jumped at the chance.  I think I was like 11 or 12.  I hated all the walking in the freezing cold and I never got candy I really wanted.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:34 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• He said a month ago he didn't want to go.He offered to stay home and hand out candy instead. He was out there until he ran out. I offered to take him around after I came back with his brother, but he didn't want to. We went over to a neighbor's haunted house, he got the crud scared out of him and came home.

I don't think it's depression so much as disinterest.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 3:57 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• MY 12 year didn't go because he thinks he is too old.
    crazymomof2374

Answer by crazymomof2374 at 8:21 PM on Nov. 1, 2010