Do anyone know how to make Lumpia without adding cabbage

ArmyWife77-90

Asked by ArmyWife77-90 at 1:49 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Food & Drink

• If I add it without cabbage, I usually double up on the meat filling or add different vegetables like chopped water chestnuts, celery or something. It will turn out okay without the cabbage. I have had lumpia that was just meat filling.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:53 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Some use just pre-cooked ground beef with peas. You can experiment. I make shanghais with ground pork and minced shrimp mix, just add salt and pepper. Have you tried turon lumpia? That's with thin sliced bananas and some brown or regular sugar even honey (mom used to use langka or sweet jackfruit instead of the classic sweeteners), great for dessert. You can get creative.
    mommieGem

Answer by mommieGem at 3:16 AM on Nov. 1, 2010