Am I being paranoid?

SO and I took my kiddos trick or treating with his friends.. We had a great time, hung out with his friends afterward so the kids could play together, everything was fantastic.... Then his phone rang.. He answered it and then said "I'm hanging out with friends..*10 second pause*.. and my girlfriend".. Then whoever he was talking to hung up on him..

I was bothered by the pause and really wanted to know who called so I jokingly said "Oh, was that your secret wife or secret baby momma??".. He laughed and told me it was his friends girlfriends and that she doesnt like him much.. Next thing I know his phone is getting blown up via text by this girl!!

In my mind the fact that some chick who supposedly cant stand him is blowing up his phone is a little hard to believe, and that awkward pause is kinda a red flag.. Is it just me or should I paranoid??

Jordi_Girl

Asked by Jordi_Girl at 1:52 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• I agree a pp, it was probably an ex. If it was someone he was seeing he would not have mentioned you, especially if he was seeing her on the side. Maybe she had delusions they were going to get back together but he's moved on. The one thing I would be careful of is him not being over her completely. This is definitely something you can ask him about, start the relationship out with communication, not speculation! Just say "What was up with all those texts, is there something we need to discuss?" GL
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:09 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• BE PARANOID> he is hiding something girl. I may be cynical, but thats some BS
    1htmma4624

Answer by 1htmma4624 at 1:59 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• if i was you i woundnt tell him nothing let him think that i dont care that everything is fine then when he not looking or lives hes phone check it -- also if you decide to be snicky and check hes fone dont let him know anything or make him feel that you wondering something because then he going to be on to you and erase all hes weird phone calls or tx's
    Genesis29

Answer by Genesis29 at 3:22 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I wouldn't be paranoid but I'd be concerned it's definitely a red flag. Someone that isn't interested in you doesn't call or text you. If he isn't interested in the girl he would tell her right away that he was with his girlfriend. I would keep my eyes open.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:25 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• i do not think you are being paranoid
    i think your female instincts are telling you something
    LISTEN TO YOUR GUT
    but do not show your hand until you know what is going on

do not make excuses for things that make your instincts slap you in the face, you have intincts for a reason
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:23 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I guess I would just talk to him about it.
    she may have just started texting because that's what she preferrs. or maybe she's not a fan of you either.
    I'd talk to him before I'd make a mountain out of a molehill.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 2:14 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I might question it, something just does not seem right. But he did say that you were his girlfriend despite a pause so I would tend to think that it is more likely an ex
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:54 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• i would be worried too.

get his phone and check it out.
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 1:55 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I would be a bit worried and be sneaking a peek at his phone while he wasn't looking. But then again whoever was on the other end could have said something in that pause.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 1:57 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• maybe he paused because the other person said something & interrupted him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Nov. 1, 2010