what are some causes for excessive hairloss in women ???

Fanged_Orchid

Asked by Fanged_Orchid at 2:50 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Health

• Stress, & Lack of Protein & vitamines.
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 2:53 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I'd say genetics or stress. The best thing would be to talk to your health care provider.
    mommieGem

Answer by mommieGem at 2:53 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I mentioned it one time when I was getting my hair cut. Not the hairdresser, but one of the customers suggested Nioxin. It was abot 20 dollars for16.9 oz. To me it was worth it. I would rotate it and my regular shampoo. There is something in it that helps keep your hair from coming out as bad. Good luck.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 7:23 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• It could be caused by thyroid problems too. A dr can order a blood test to check for that.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:23 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• It was stress for me at one point. At one time I was even loosing my eyes lashes. =[

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:16 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Genetics, stress in your life, menopause, and some prescription medications.

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 11:39 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Thyroid problems, ask your doctor.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 1:43 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Thyroid problems caused mine.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:38 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• low thyroid. I don't know what else. other symptoms of low thyroid are. weight gain, cold intolerance, fatigue, achiness, confusion, and constipation, dry skin, itchy shin, hair loss ect... but your test could come back normal if your doc. doesn't do the right test in the right way. If you also have fatigue I recommend the book "From fatigued to Fantastic" by Jacob Teitelbaum. also he has a web site you can check out " www.vitality101.com. hope this helps.

beeluvin

Answer by beeluvin at 12:16 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• stress is one
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 9:01 PM on Nov. 27, 2010