Sleeping problems. adult content

I have a 8 month old that goes to sleep at 10 pm and won't stay asleep. he'll awake back up an hour after i put him to sleep. He only sleeps 1 hour to 1 and 1/2 hours during the afternoon. what should I do? He just started this within the last month or so.

Karisma_Thomas

Asked by Karisma_Thomas at 3:24 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When my 2 month old was doing that i started feeding her a bottle with a little bit of cereal in it to help her feel fuller and sleep longer. Now she sleeps from midnight to at least 9 the next morning.
    TehHannah

Answer by TehHannah at 3:28 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• i have tried that. he still won't sleep past an hour.
    Karisma_Thomas

Comment by Karisma_Thomas (original poster) at 3:42 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Don't go in right away and see if he can get himself back to sleep. Sometimes they are just a little restless. Go in and comfort him if you have to, but only for a few minutes. Keep the room dark.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:15 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Yikes. I really like the book Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. It's not a cry it out book, it gives you a couple of different options to deal with this problem. I think the first thing the book would say in your case is to put your baby to sleep sooner, even though that doesn't seem logical. The author (a dr/sleep therapist) believes the earlier you put the baby to bed, the better. I was putting my son to bed at 10pm up until 4 months, but then I started to slowly move it up, and now I put him to bed at 8:30-8:45. He's 7 months, and he seems to sleep better. Good luck!
    jacksmom1225

Answer by jacksmom1225 at 8:51 AM on Nov. 1, 2010