Who carves the Thanksgiving turkey at your table?

or is "official carver" not a big tradition at your house?

My dad use to carve the bird at the table but there wasn't enough room for the full turkey and all the trimmings so he started carving it in the kitchen prior to dinner.

anetrnlov

Asked by anetrnlov at 3:33 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Holidays

• We have a "gathering" in the kitchen to carve the turkey, then move to the table to eat. All of our food stays in the kitchen.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 3:58 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• whoever wants to do it really... not a tradition for us. :)
    young-not-dumb

Answer by young-not-dumb at 4:03 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I wish my husband would carve the turkey so I didnt have to! My family has always just cut it up and put it on a plate...never was a big deal
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 5:54 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• We still travel to either my parent's or my MIL's for the holiday. At my parent's, my dad carves it and it's a production at the table. At my MIL's, she carves it in the kitchen and it's placed with the rest of the food, buffet style.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 6:22 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• We carve ours at the kitchen counter not a big deal then we each say what we have been grateful for, for this past year and eat.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:22 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• My dh carves the turkey, usually while the kids are carrying the food to the table and I'm finishing up with the last minute prep stuff (gravy, etc).
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 6:34 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• My husband. We carve it at the table.
    mama10johnsons

Answer by mama10johnsons at 6:48 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I do the carving if we do Thanksgiving dinner. I will cut it in the kitchen and we do a buffet style dinner.
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:08 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Since it falls right off the bone, it gets cut up, deboned and put in a bowl/tray when it comes out. Usually by me.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:52 AM on Nov. 1, 2010