Does anyone shop on Black Friday?

If you do, who do you go with and what time do you get out there? My husband and 16 yr. old have a lot of fun with it!

anichols1

Asked by anichols1 at 6:51 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Shopping

• I love Black Friday, I go out every year!! I usually go by myself and leave the house around 3:00 am !! I have so much fun. I look foward to it every year...shopping all day with no kids!!...lol...
    Sunflower722

Answer by Sunflower722 at 7:07 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• No, we live in the Houston area and if traffic and crowds aren't already bad enough on a normal shopping day, you can bet that Black Friday is absolute INSANITY! lol
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:57 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I love it, I love the rush of trying to get what I want but i don't go crazy an push , hit elc. people. We leave @ like 3am or eariler if I want to try to get the few ticketed items.
    davecswife

Answer by davecswife at 6:59 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Sometimes I go to the Disney Store for 4:30 am, alone.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 6:59 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• No..... No willing to get up at 4am just to shop......
    Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 7:01 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Fighting the crowd isn't worth it to me
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 7:13 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I havent been in years! I have 3 children 2 of who are less than 3 years old. No way for me! I used to go with my mom when we lived in Colo though :)
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 7:28 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Oh, I wish we had a Disney store around here, I would LOVE to get those deals! When the girls were younger I went every year because that's when you could get the special Barbies. This year I'll be going to get the special car stereo as our older daughter is turning 16 on Saturday.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:41 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Yeah, when I was 16, my mom and dad and brother went out, too, at the buttcrack of dawn in the snow. We'd hit the mall first and then the KMArt/Walmart stores. Or we'd split up. Whatever we chose, we always brought coupons and ate at Red Lobster.

But now? I am up at the buttcrack of dawn and seated in a warm house with a cup of a coffee and my trigger finger on the mouse just waiting for point-and-click moment to get a great sale online. Especially now that S&H is generally free, I don't see much of a reason to go out on Black Friday unless it's for something you have to try on or out first. (And even then, return policies are way better than they were even five years ago.)
    SlightlyPerfect

Answer by SlightlyPerfect at 7:43 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• No, I get too frazzled now in crowds
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:56 AM on Nov. 1, 2010