ebay scam

I think I have been scammed on ebay. I bought a lot of shirts for my husband for $90 on October 16. I payed through google checkout (mistake on my part I guess). I have had contact with the seller 2 times. The first time they said they hadn't received my payment, I then double checked and yes, I was charged the $90. Then they said, "it's not showing a refund?" This was 3 days ago and haven't had contact with them since. What should I do? Ebay can't do anything since it was through google checkout can they? I can't find the item # for the shirts for some reason and the phone # of this person has been disconnected. Is there any way to get my money back?

mykidsmommy

Asked by mykidsmommy at 10:36 AM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Shopping

• Maybe you can contact Google Checkout? I am not sure, I have not used them. But maybe they have a resloution centerlike paypal does.
    bree4617

Answer by bree4617 at 11:30 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Mabye you could contact your credit card company or your bank. They might be able to refund it if you make a police report stating that you never got the items.
    AuroraKristen

Answer by AuroraKristen at 12:27 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I haven't been able to find anything on google checkout that says they could help get my money back. I'm at a loss of what to do. I guess my last resort would be to call the bank.
    mykidsmommy

Answer by mykidsmommy at 1:06 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• You're probably out the $90. But you learned a lesson. Make sure that things are secure next time! Make sure that the person recieved the money too. I always pay with paypal on ebay, because it is known to be safe there.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:08 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• You can contact ebay too report it , and google and possibly see what the credit card company says who billed it and if they have contact info for them.
    cottonsboys

Answer by cottonsboys at 2:39 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Ebay has a resolution center (a link at the bottom of the homepage). I have used that once, but it was resolved before the situation went too far. Other than that I don't know. I always check the person's rating and never use anyone below 98% and I always use Paypal on eBay....but you still never know I guess. The only problem I've ever had in over 8 years is one little keychain not showing up, and when I contacted the resolution center the guy immediately sent out 'another' one. Good luck ! I hope you get it resolved :(
    redsoxmomof4

Answer by redsoxmomof4 at 3:56 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Thanks everybody. I did check the score and rating of the seller and everything looked great. Ebay can't help because for some reason I can't find the item #. And google will try to contact them for me but can't guarantee my money back. I won't be using google checkout anymore. :) Lesson learned.
    I did call the bank and they ordered me another debit card and canceled the one I used and they're filing a complaint with google.
    mykidsmommy

Answer by mykidsmommy at 6:57 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• okay the item number.... go to you MYEBAY home page and in the left margin there is a log of recent activity. It will say auctions as a buyer and it will say "won" with a number in parentheses next to it. Click on WON then there should be a list of the auctions you have won in the last 30 days. Click on the auction for the shirts and up in the right hand corner it will tell you the item number. If you still cant find it message me I will help you
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 1:35 AM on Nov. 5, 2008