BFING HELP!!!!!

My breasts are engorged, and my nipples aren't getting hard enough to feed my newborn. She's unable to latch on because of this, which isn't usually a problem. What do I do? Flicking my nipples isn't making them harder. I think I need to get some milk out... help :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hand express or pump a little just to relieve pressure and then latch her.
    you csn alao visi kellymom.com and drjacknewman.com and finally contact your lol\cal la leche league for face to face help LLL

also join the breastfeeding moms group here at cafe mom. http://www.cafemom.com/group/325
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:20 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Definately try to do hand expression. It seems to be my only way to start.
    Momma72923

Answer by Momma72923 at 10:26 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• hand express or pump, either way, just get enough milk out so that your LO can latch. I had to do this quite a bit in the beginning.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:28 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• What makes you think your nipples have to be hard to nurse? She should be latching widely around the aerola.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 7:30 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Try massaging your breast from the chest to the nipple, roll the nipple or briefly use a breast pump. Are you pumping and if so how often? It sounds like your LO may not be latching on properly. Her lips should be flanged outwards and encompass the areola.

If you feel you need more help with this please visit www.womensvirtualhealth.com I have a virtual office and you can connect to me right form the website, or you can send an e-mail to pmckimie@gmail.com
    PreemieHUG

Answer by PreemieHUG at 1:16 AM on Nov. 2, 2010