What are your monthly staple dinners?

We love having chicken, beef, and pork. Pork is usually a bag and season with applesauce. Chicken tends to be oven-fried or bag and season with rice or noodle sides. Beef is usually thrown in for spaghetti, sometimes with mild Rotel diced tomatoes for extra kick. At least once a week, we have breakfast for dinner.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 8:19 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Food & Drink

• We make a huge pot of beans every other week and that becomes Beans and Rice for one meal and either a bean soup or enchiladas for a second meal. Breakfast Dinner tends to happen weekly, on Grocery Shopping Day, which is usually Tuesday. On Mondays, I'll use up all of last week's fresh vegetables to make a vegetable soup. Daughter absolutely adores my scratch Macaroni and Cheese, but as it's a high-fat meal we only have it twice a month. We probably have four Meatloaf Nights a month, Husband Person makes one heckova meatloaf and paired up with my scratch mashed potatoes and gravy, it's one meal we know will have everyone in The Clean Plate Club.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:03 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• It depends on the season. We cook outside in the summer alot, so we have 'grill food' or cold dinners like a giant salad. In the winter we have spaghetti alot, and chicken pot pie. We have chicken quesadillas very often, too, all year round. Also soup and sandwiches all year long.
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 8:28 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• we seem to have chicken everything
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 8:22 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• This time of the year:
    Chili and rice
    Soup, Potato, sausage bean, beans and ham, onion
    Chicken, potatoes and carrots in one pot meal
    Meatloaf, scalloped potatoes and broccoli
    Tacos
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 11:09 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• A lot of pasta and chicken. I can cook pasta in so many ways. My 5 year old will only eat chicken. Beef makes her literally gag so if I am making a roast, I will make her a small bowl of pasta.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:25 AM on Nov. 1, 2010