My son is turning ten in a week and he is asking for books. Does anyone have any ideas?

elizabeth5

Asked by elizabeth5 at 8:28 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Diary of a wimpy kid book series. My DD loves them.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 8:45 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Goosebump series or even older classics like tom sawyer or swiss family robinson
    jen699

Answer by jen699 at 8:52 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Books by Rick Riordan (the Percy Jackson author.) He has 2 new series out; one is more Camp Halfblood and the other is based on Egyptian mythology.

The Ranger's Apprentice Series, Pendragon series, Warriors series. My kids also read Harry Potter, Eragon (Inheritance Cycle) and , Lord of the Rings.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:54 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• What does he like? If he likes sports, get sports figure books, biographies, etc. There was also a Matt Christopher series, not sure of the age group for those. If he likes airplanes, get airplane books, etc.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:56 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I agree witht he other suggestions my boys like all those. diary of a wimpy kid and percy jackson were faves. my son loves guiness book of world records too. or joke bokes.
    stargazer74

Answer by stargazer74 at 10:03 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• go to www.readkiddoread.com It is a website with lists of books by age. James Patterson started it because his son had issues finding books he liked to read.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:59 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• How about something like this

ALEC FLINT, SUPER SLEUTH: The Nina, the Pinta, and the Vanishing Treasure

You might also just stop at the library to see what interest him.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:39 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• We just got my 10 year old The Black Pearl by Scott ODell, and next on his list to read is Tom Sawyer. Also, I am borrowing the Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe series by CS Lewis from my brother for my son to read. My son also loves those "Choose Your Own Adventure" books where you make a choices in the book (if you want to go into the cave, turn to page 37; if you want to turn around and go back, turn to page 45; etc.) to pick your own ending.

Answer by missanc at 10:18 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Take him to the library and teach the value there. I have fond memories of my mom taking me there. I still go and it is wonderful.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 2:58 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My son is 11 and he loves 39 Clues books (series) and Diary Of A Wimpy Kid books (series)
    rrdaf4

Answer by rrdaf4 at 10:54 PM on Nov. 2, 2010