how much should a 22 month old weigh?

my daughter is 22 months old.she weighs about 24 pounds.is this an ok weight?

Gods_Girl1979

Asked by Gods_Girl1979 at 8:30 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sounds ok. My 28 month old weighs 28lbs and my 14 month old weighs 26lbs but they are up in the 75th an 98th percentile. As long as she is eating good:)
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:34 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• that is part of what worries me,i dont know if she is eatting enough.she still breastfeeds ,so i know she is getting that.but i have a really hard time getting her to eat "food",and i want to wean her completely by 24 month but i am terrified that she wont get enough to eat.she basically just nibbles at her food.and when she has her shirt off,to me ,she looks thin,but i am overweight myself,so honestly i am not sure if i am the best judge as far as size goes.my nutritionist at wic seems to think she is ok,.she just says to try and work in ome whoe milk each day but i cant get her to drink it.and i am at my wits ends on what to get her to eat that is healthy.she will eat ramon noodles all day but not much else..if anyone has any ideas i would be thrilled to hear them
    Gods_Girl1979

Comment by Gods_Girl1979 (original poster) at 8:38 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• my 4 year old is only 35lbs and he is healthy....he has always been a skinny little thing. i'm sure she is just fine. u can't get her to snack on anything? my son has always snacked on carrots, bananas, apples, grapes, crackers. i give him chicken nuggets for lunch, mac and cheese, pb&j, grilled cheese, soups, cereal. You just have to keep trying. If she doesnt want to eat it though don't force her. But keep introducing the foods to her even if she doesnt want them. I did think with my son and he always eventually tried them. keep introducing the milk as well. Or maybe mix it with some breast milk so it will have some of the taste?? idk about that tho. I also let my children choose their own eating routine. My 4 year old is a grazer and likes to munch. But anything he snacks on is healthy.
    travisnowensmom

Answer by travisnowensmom at 8:45 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• she likes cheese,apples,raman noodles,water,and breastmilk,and sometimes tomatoe soup when i have it.
    Gods_Girl1979

Comment by Gods_Girl1979 (original poster) at 8:49 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• My 3 year old weighs about 25 lbs and is very healthy, in fact I think she's actually going to be on the growth chart this time. (She will be 3 in about 2 weeks and I'm interested to find out what her percentiles are) I don't think weight alone really means much at all unless there has been a sudden change.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 9:34 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• My 16 month old is 24 lbs. She is in the 60th or so percentile. As long as your child is growing at a constant rate and on her own curve I would say it is a good healthy weight..
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 1:30 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• That's about what my DD weighs (she's also 22 months) Are you a smaller person, does your family run towards smaller framed people? Genetics can play a big role in your child's growth- both DH and I are thin and light boned, so no one is surprised that DD weighs what she does- she actually weighs more than I did at that age. My mom used to worry I wasn't getting enough- her doctor told her that as long as I was happy, healthy, active, and progressing well, there was no need to worry about my weight or how much I ate- that a toddler could live on three peas and a cracker for days, then eat everything in sight, and be completely fine. Offer healthy food choices (might find an alternative for ramen noodles) and let her eat as much as she wants when she is hungry, let her stop when she is full- that's what we do, and our ped and wic don't have any complaints or things to change when we go in :)
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 4:35 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I have the CDC growth charts infront of me as we speak. The range of weight for the "normal" (normal being between the 3rd and 97th percentiles) 22 month old girl is 23.8 to 32lbs with the average (50%) at 24.12lb. As long as she stays on a growth pattern thats normal for her, shes doing great :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:36 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• ACK! I made a typo. Its not 24.12 its 25.12 :) Sorry!!
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:38 AM on Nov. 2, 2010