are the toddler gerber foods ok?worth the money? healthy?

i am at my wits ends trying to get my toddler (22months) to eat.someone suggested the gerber graduates .are they ok?worth the money? healthy?

Gods_Girl1979

Asked by Gods_Girl1979 at 8:43 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My kids loved them! Lol, They are 3 1/2 and 5 and still ask for them! They are evry healthy and definately worth the money! :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 8:48 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• ty
    Gods_Girl1979

Comment by Gods_Girl1979 (original poster) at 8:49 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Yes Gerber foods are great. If your baby is at the toddler stage you can start feeding them table foods (soft and mashed up) thats the concept of the toddler food line is that it teaches the toddler to chew but if they forget and swallow its still easy on their tummys. I would feed mine mashed up soft table foods, even meats can be shredded into tiny pieces (be very conscience of the size) and they loved getting food from the table like everyone else. I then bought the toddler jars for traveling, more convenient and accessible because they get hungry before everyone else does. So to answer your question...they are healthy but money wise... you can adjust one way or the other.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 8:56 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Waste of money and I have heard they are full of sodium! You can make the exact same stuff for him that is in those.

I got my kids divided plates (4 sections) and they LOVE having every single section filled. I put fruit in one, veggies in one, main course in one, etc. I also recently read that studies have shown if you put MORE on their plate they will eat more. I tried it last night with green beans (I usually have to insist on the kids eating 2 or 3 and that is all I put on their plate). I put a big spoonful on each plate. My oldest (4) who is normally the pickiest, at MOST of his!!! My other two (3 and 2) ate a couple each!!

I never fix the kids something else. If they don't like it and won't eat it they can wait until the next meal.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:58 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I feed my son gerber!
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 10:57 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I don't use them- I can make meals exactly like that for the whole family for less. Plus DD has a dairy allergy, and they put dairy proteins into practically every pre-prepared food there is. DD eats what we do, saves me time and money, and she gets healthy food that I control ingredient wise.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 4:29 PM on Nov. 1, 2010