My daughter want to go everywhere i go! WHY?is there something wrong with her?

My daughter is 15 months old and she just follow me where i go, and now if i let her one minute and go a different place than her she start crying. what can i do? is there something wrong with her?
and when she is the same room than me she plays and have fun but if she notice i'm not there she start looking for me and crying.
any advice. i really don't know what to do, i'm pregnant and is hard to have her crying all the time , i'm a little bit emotional. i'm just a teen mom trying to figure out what is wrong with my little princess

Sofiah

Asked by Sofiah at 8:56 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• Not to worry mama, there's not a thing wrong with her. Babies this age, if they can't see you, they don't understand that you're just in another room, etc. They think you don't exist anymore. I know that sounds strange to us, but it's just the way their little minds work. It will get better with time. I remember just wanting to go to the bathroom alone! Try playing peek-a-boo with her. Also when you're in another room, talk to her, when you can't be in her sight.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:01 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• It's normal at this age.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 9:01 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• nothing is wrong with her...she has seperation anxiety it sounds like and you need to break that NOW before 2nd one comes along. She wants her mommy's attention. And get used to it my 4 year old DS follows me into the bathroom, too cook dinner, to change my 2 month olds diaper, outside to get the mail. They just want to be where you are. Make it fun. My son has never been an ankle grabber though. He plays wonderfully by himself and doesnt cry when I leave the house. But he loves me and when he wants to be with me that is fine with me. I would work on breaking the seperationg anxiety a little though. It will be rough when you have 2 children demanding your every second...trust me.
    travisnowensmom

Answer by travisnowensmom at 9:02 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• There is nothing wrong with her. This is very normal at this age especially if you have explained the pregnancy to her at all and what comes with it after the baby is born. They often go through separation anxiety around this age though. Try to get her involved and helping with what you are doing.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:02 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Sounds like she just loves and adores her mommy. My son was the same way and is slowly starting to grow out of it. Is she used to being home with you alot? If so, she's probably developed that attachment from being around you so much. I have taken my son to daycare a couple times for my doctor's appts or if I just need some time to rest (i am pregnant also) and I think that has helped alot too. It lets him be sociable with other kids and it proves that even if mommy leaves for a little while she ALWAYS comes back. Maybe you could try that as well.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:04 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• No thats typical of her age. Shes experiencing separation anxiety. To help her get comfortable with her anxiety play peek-a-boo. Start out with close contact so she knows your there, hands over the eyes (you know the games) then over a period of time you get farther and further apart in distance. Play peek-a-boo around the corner and slowly work it into hide and seek. and at the end of the games after a few minutes of play you say to her..."See Mommys not going anywhere that I wont return". Let her hear you voice in other rooms with assurance that your be right back and at a certain count out loud(this will teach her how to count or say the alphabet)start slow and gradually let more time go by. when she gets anxious return. Dont let her get upset. The whole idea is to teach her not hurt her. Give her lots of kisses of course. Good luck.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 9:07 AM on Nov. 1, 2010