How can I stop feeling jealous?

I take care of my 2 1/2 year old 6 days a week. Then on Sundays, sometimes Saturday nights his dad comes and picks him up. Then all week he's like go see daddy? And I know it's not meant to be mean. He's 2! But it really hurts my feelings.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• They probably just have fun together and kids are all about havivg fun! I'd be glad he wants something to do with his kid, thers so many dads that want nothing to do with their kids. He'll always be close to you.
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 9:16 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Oh boy, I'm with ya.....18 years ago my husband left us. My son would say it over and over...want Daddy, want Daddy....I think it's a little bit the age....PLEASE realize that if the situation was reversed, he'd be saying "go see mommy?" YOU are the lucky one, YOU have him the most. YOU will see how he's growing and developing. Say that over and over...."I'm the lucky one". HUGS to you....
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 9:16 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• My son is like that too... he is 16 months... I think it's because they wanna be with the "big" boys and daddy tends to play more....
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 9:42 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I think kjrn is right. But deeper, I think you need to consider why you feel hurt. If what a toddler says actually hurts you, then you're not keeping in mind the fact that what he says is all about HIM, not YOU, and toddlers are very pleasure-driven. You have to do things with him that are not fun while daddy probably doesn't.
    SlightlyPerfect

Answer by SlightlyPerfect at 9:52 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I think that he enjoys being with his daddy alot, but he doesn't see him all that much. So that when he does see him he's all happy. All's you have to do even though you do get tired from working your hours. is still spend sometime with with your little boy.JUst be happy for him that he is glad to see nhis dad that day. But if he's constantly asking for dad all the time then.you need to spend more time doing things with him and taking him out somewhere, EX : Please touch Muesum, "G'" rated movies once a month. Burger king, Walk aroundthe mall, on nice warm days take him to the park , zoo, circus, go away for a weekend or over to the beach.. And of course at home read to him , watch some dvd;s with him. play legos w \ him., do puzzles together finger paint. with him.go out side and play ball throw and olay catch, or just the two of you go kick the ball around., run around and chase him .for a little bit. there"s lot
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:54 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• more to do but I'll stop here. good luck
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:55 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• He probably doesn't see dad like a parent but maybe more like a big friend. If he spent a couple days with dad, he'd be crying for mama. At least he has a good dad that you can feel confident about leaving him with.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 10:56 AM on Nov. 1, 2010