how can i prepare my daughter for the new baby coming?

she is 15 months old and i'm 16 and soon i will have another baby coming so what can i do to prepare my daughter? she always have all my attention and i will have to give a little bit of attention to two childrens.
sometimes i breastfeed her and with a new baby i won't do that anymore, but how can i choose a new baby instead of my daughter? i feel like not giving her my milk is very bad because she is my little baby to.
for me she is to little to be a Big sister but now that happened and i cant go back on time. how i do it?

Sofiah

Asked by Sofiah at 9:03 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• let her take care of a dolly, read her books about babies. at that age though she may be to little to understand. my kids are 4 years apart and my oldests understood what was going on to an extent. We took him to every doctor appt., every ultrasound, I even let him watch those labor & delivery tv shows with me (only c-sections) so he could understand a little what was going to happen with mommy. After baby gets here it is a HUGE adjustment for mommy & other kids in the house. it won't be easy and you will have to find your families rythm
    travisnowensmom

Answer by travisnowensmom at 9:08 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• There is a book you can buy to read to her, I think it is called "I'm a big sister" or something like that. I have to find a copy of it too for my DS, he's 3 and we're having another in April. He doesn't quite understand what it means to have a little brother or sister yet. You do just have to find the balance. Your daughter is old enough to drink whole milk, and eat solids. talk to her pedi about what is right for her, and look up ways of weaning her that will be most effective for you. The sooner you do that, the easier it will be. You don't want the new baby coming, and your daughter trying to nurse at the same time. You've done a good job breastfeeding her as long as you have.

Make sure to keep her involved. When the baby comes, maybe she can help by holding clean diapers for you while you change the dirty ones, or taking out wipes to hand you when you need them. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:13 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I had no issues with them at that age. Mine are 15 1/2 months apart. The 15 month old didn't even realize what was going on. I bought her a doll and she fed it and cuddled it. If you are comfortable still nursing the older one, there is no problems with nursing both just like with twins. It just depends on when you want to ween her.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:16 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• i was a young mom...not as young but still in my early twenties. my first two are 17 months apart. it will be tough but just try not to stress over the small things. i got my son a rag doll baby(his nana made it) with a blanket, little diapers and a few clothes for him to play with. that helped. even at 17 months. we did it together. i worried i wouldnt lvoe them both the same but your heart grows. i would try to play with other little ones- do you have a swupport group maybe young moms through church, hospital or meetup group in your area? get support that will help your child adjust. they adjust htey just do. my son would give me a diaper or binky as my big helper. it will be ok, dont worry too much.
    stargazer74

Answer by stargazer74 at 9:54 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I had a very hard time adjusting to having two kids. I was and am constantly feeling guilty for my older one because i almost felt like the baby was taking away from my older one. But the feelings you have are very normal,. And just remember you are giving your child a very precious gift. She will now always have a bond and a childhood to share. You sound like you are a very good mother especially for being so young, keep up the good work. But you def. don't need anymore babies!!! You're so young.... If you want to chat def. sent me a message, I know exactly how you feel.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 1:14 PM on Nov. 1, 2010