Job Offer

OK..Here's the problem: I have been looking for work for weeks and weks...and so far I have had no offers (I am an RN) I just called a potential employer back to inquire about an interview I had and found out that they will be finalizing interviews this week then making a decision. I also got a call from another potential employer to schedule a 2nd interview for another position (this one I want more) and so: the problem is this: What do I do if both places offer me work??? What happens if the first one (that I don't want as bad) offers me work first and I haven't heard from the one I really want??? I need work, but I also want to work somewhere I think I will enjoy and the first place is a hospital, which I really don't want to be ivolved with anymore, the other place is for a residential hoe which I would love...HELP!!!!

STEVESBELLA4EVR

Asked by STEVESBELLA4EVR at 9:10 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would just hope the second calls first or perhaps you could accept the first position and if the second one calls before you officially start you could just call and decline the first. I am hunting for a job now also and it is difficult.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:17 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I agree with ashisamom
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 9:25 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• At that point, explain that you have two offers of hire and you have an appointment to finalize the others interview and you would like that time to do that. Dont lead them into thinking that you dont want the job but dont make promises to them eighter. leave it open. They will respect you for being somewhat up front with them. It shouldnt cost you the job, if anything it will convince them that they have made the right choice... if someone else wants you. What most people dont realize is that even though your asking them for a job its ok for you to interview them and make a choice as well. Your job is a career choice and they will appreciate the fact that you take that choice very seriously. Your education allows you that choice where those without an education dont always have that opportunity. Good Luck
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 9:26 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Good luck! I"m an RN, if you want to friend me, we can chat...maybe I can help you out. I have friends in CT, NY, DC, OK, and AZ.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 9:37 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Go to the interview and if they offer you work ask them if you can take a day or so to think things over and ensure you are making the best decision. If you do not hear from the other position before that time frame is over call them again and ask if they would be able to get you in for an interview as you have another offer on the table that you need to consider, but explain to them that you desire their position more and would love the chance to meet them and join their team. It may sound risky and pushy, but it isn't. :)

Good luck!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:44 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• if they both contact you for a second interview, base your decision on which job will help you pay your bills and which has the benefits you need.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:22 PM on Nov. 1, 2010