How do i get through this....

My daughter is pregnant 16 , She is 5 months and soooo mean. I try to be there for her and she yells at me, I try to give her space and i dont care. I let her go to her freinds to get away from the little kids i have and she says. I just want to get rid of her, mind you she asked to go. I feel i am loosing my mind and dont know what eles to do.

kileighsmommie

Asked by kileighsmommie at 9:13 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• hug() i am going to guess she has a lot of things going through her mind and body. have you thought of joining a young moms group for her? she must need support from someone who understands. ask around i am sure someone knows who to go talk to. maybe she needs more one on one with you...can you arrange a sitter and go look at baby things. maybe she is mad at herself and taking it out on you. i dont like disrespect form my kids but i also dont think they like it when i judge or get mad. i would try more positive love and try not ot fight rather make it a fun rather than stressful time. i know easier said than done. good luck. if you need a friend drop me a line :)
    stargazer74

Answer by stargazer74 at 9:50 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I think she needs counselling, there is a lot going on and I'm sure she is scared. I wouldn't take it personally this is about her trying to adjust to the reality of the situation. I would not let her be disrespectful to me, I would explain to her that you love her and are worried but you expect the same respect from her that you give or she has to find another place to live.  Good Luck, I'm sorry this has to be a very stressful time for you.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:18 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I just glanced at your profile, you are very blessed with children! I can only imagine what you are going through with your daughter and what your daughter is going through, but I will be praying for your family. Even when it gets tough, try to remember how blessed you are! My husband and I are celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary today, we were blessed with 1 little miracle 6 years ago, and have been trying to adopting for almost 2 years, our daughter will finally be coming home in 3 weeks. We have been on an unbelievable roller coaster ride to adopt, but in the end, our daughter is worth everything we went through, and in the end, so will your daughters child! Praying for your family during this time!
    TiffyTaffy79

Answer by TiffyTaffy79 at 9:27 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Sorry not much advice other than counseling but just wanted to wish you luck and let you know you will get through it somehow. There will be brighter days ahead.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 1:08 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• maybe the counciling would really do her some good and it may help her alot more then she thinks ..im sure she will not want to go but maybe if you explain to her that you really believe this is going to help not only her but you and the new baby to come then she may give it a try...i hope she realizes how much you love her and want to help her threw this ..it may seem like she's all mixed up and pushing you in and out but i can imagine she is really worried and scared even thow she says she is not..i wish the best and hope you come up with a good soulution to help you and her and everyone in the household get threw this !!!
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 2:42 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Well,get ready to babysit. She is way too young to have a baby. Is she still with the father? She needs to concentrate on her education. Did she drop out? I am sorry she is yelling at u but all those hormones running through her. Be blessed u have kids. U r blessed. Tell her u won't tolerate any more disrespect or she can find somewhere else to live. She has no right to treat u like that. U r the mom not her!!
    Anonymous

• YES Thank God , She is going to school everyday, I am very proud of her for that. She and the baby's father are still together, He and his family are very helpful. Her job did cut her hours way down, Yet she is still working also..

kileighsmommie

Comment by kileighsmommie (original poster) at 12:06 AM on Nov. 2, 2010