stubborn daughters

I have a 10 year old daughter. She is not wearing panties. She is wetting the bed at night, then says she just forgets to put her panties on. Several of the clothes she wears , you can clearly tell when she doesn't have them on. We have been through several rounds about this. Any suggestions?

arenad

Asked by arenad at 9:26 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I would be doing a check every hour, on the hour. If she doesn't have them on, then she goes immediately and puts them on, knowing that she will be checked next hour to make sure she still has them on. The bed-wetting at 10 is a big concern. Perhaps you should talk to her doctor about that to make sure there is no physical reason why it is happening. Once that is ruled out, I would probably implement my every hour on the hour policy. Get her up and see that she goes to the bathroom. This could be more than just stubbornness, and I would want to make sure of that fact first.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:31 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• NannyB- I have took her to the Dr. turns out it is common. I get her up halfway throgh the night and make her go to the bathroom. I think she is such a heavy sleeper she can't wake up when she has to go. When I think of it I check her, it is just hard trying to get two other kids ready also.
    arenad

Comment by arenad (original poster) at 9:38 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• my son waws wetting the bed until almost 14 (not often -but a few times a year)...it's gets longer between times we are about 7 or 8 months since last time now

as for the underwear I would just remind her in the mornings and after showers or baths
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:50 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I would talk to her about why and try to find a solution, like a different style of panties or even bicycle shorts under skirts if it is a comfort thing. I would insist on wearing something under outfits that obviously need something worn under them and issue a penalty such as confiscating said outfit if she continued to wear it without underwear.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:16 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• If your rule is she must wear panties to bed and she does not, she is breaking a rule. Punish her for breaking your rule. The bed wetting at that age in afraid i cannot help with have not been there.
    fairmomclaire

Answer by fairmomclaire at 12:39 PM on Nov. 1, 2010