Serious health question: Has this ever happened to you? Recurring severe stomache pain.

It starts as feeling like if you have a button on a pair of jeans sit on your stomach for too long, and you get that little pain... then it goes across my belly button to the right (starts on the left every time). Then right below my rib cage in my stomache area starts to hurt. Then that spreads over to the left as well.
Most of the time it just hurts & makes me want to lay down... last night it had me doubled over & dry heathing from the pain.
I ate and it still hurt but not as much. I know I was hungry because I hadn't eaten since about 1pm, but this was only 5 hours later and I wouldn't and shouldn't be hurting that bad for not eating again yet. I drank water and still hurt. The pain had subsided some, but I just decided to go to bed because I still couldn't stand completely up without hurting again.
My SO said it was poop pains, but it wasn't. It wasn't gas either. I'm fine this morning.
What could it be?

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 9:39 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Health

• I would talk to your Family Doctor about IBS. Your symptoms sound exactly like what I go through. Stress make it worss, just to let you know.
    my2loves0607

Answer by my2loves0607 at 9:59 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Stomach ulcer? Does it hurt after you eat? Depending on what part the ulcer is in, it can hurt immediately after you swallow or after digestion when it starts to move towards the intestines. Not sure if that is what you have though.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 9:46 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Another question for you, did you have a c-section?
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 9:47 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• could it have been something you had eaten at 1pm? I know depending on what I eat can really affect my intestines. I love sunflower seeds for instance, but they tear my belly up. I guess I would just keep track of what you eat and if it affects you poorly or not. If it continues, I would call the Dr.
    yellarose

Answer by yellarose at 9:48 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I had pain in my left side after my first c-section. My doctor ran test but couldn't find the problem. When I had my second c-section my new doctor found an intestinal nick from my previous c-section. She repaired it while she had me opened. I haven't had any pain since.
    Mom2Girls83

Answer by Mom2Girls83 at 10:10 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• appendix? I was having the same symptoms as you, went to the ER one day cause it was so bad only to be sent home saying it was IBS,that night I was in such immense pain I was throwing up and had major cold chills I called the ambulance and they rushed me to the ER an hour later I was in surgery getting my appenix removed or it would've killed me. Have them view your appendix asap you don't wanna mess around with it. Its murder when they rupture. They also did a I think white blood count and it was bad,not sure if it was the white cells or not?
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 10:13 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Sounds like gallbladder to me.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 3:44 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Yes, I've had three c-sections. But this isn't the normal nerve's rebuilding c-section pain. I also had my tubes tied. I wonder if it has something to do with it? I hope not.

As far as what I'm eating... I've eaten different things. They were healthy every time. It wasn't something that should cause ulcer pain.
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 9:52 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I was pretty stressed out this weekend too. :(

I'll check with them but I don't know when I can because I don't have insurance until January.
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 10:03 AM on Nov. 1, 2010