Christmas shopping???

So we have a 6 year old and twin 3 year olds boys. This year we will be getting our 6 year old a DS. Now we normally have an amount to spend on each kid and try to get it somewhere around the same amount of gifts. Here is the problem.... If we get the DS for the 6 year old he will get way less gifts than the 3 year olds. How do I make him understand that he got 1 really expencive gift and that his brothers didn't cost as much so that got more gifts???

klpeter

Asked by klpeter at 9:41 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• Could you get him a couple really cheap toys to open? Otherwise, I would make a big deal to him how special is big present is and how it is a big boy toy.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 9:48 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• He won't really understand, just go to the dollar store and make up the amount this way.

Answer by older at 10:02 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I agree, go get some cheaper presents so he has more to open...
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 1:07 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Just tell him straight up why.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:54 PM on Nov. 1, 2010