Do you know how to knit?

I'm going with my mom tomorrow night to a knitting class. Neither of us has ever tried it, and I'm wondering. Is it really difficult, lol? I'm a tad worried.

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 9:47 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Yup, it's really really easy once you get the hand of it. I've been doing it for about a year now.. and i've made myself a cardigan, my daughter two skirts and three tops, and i'm knitting a lot of xmas pressies...
    It's addictive, and so theraputic.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 6:59 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I don't know how, but I am sure it is not that difficult just time consuming and you need patience because it is a slow process, but a lot say is very therapeutic!

Answer by older at 9:48 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I don't know how, but I've always wanted to learn. My mother could knit and she used to make a lot of different things & I've got friends that know how to knit who make all of the socks & sweaters & blankets for their families, so I suppose it must not be that difficult once you get the hang of it. Like with anything, it will take practice & time. Have fun knitting!
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:55 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I taught myself a long time ago with just a book! It was hard to get started since I thought the hand placement was tricky. I find it very easy now that I am used to it.

Have fun! Knitting is awesome!
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 10:07 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Don't worry! Being in a class will be great. Everyone will be so helpful. Don't be afraid to ask questions. I did some years ago but I prefer to do needlework such as crewel, silk embroidery, etc. Relax and enjoy!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:36 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Yes, I knit.  I taught myself from a book about 6 years ago.  It wasn't that hard.  I've taught my 10yo the basics and I've heard of kids as young as 5/6 learning to knit so it's not that hard.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:54 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I originally learned when I was 12, then didn't keep up with it. So, I re-taught myself five years ago. It's not terribly hard and you can make some really neat stuff with just the basic stitches.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 2:30 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Yes I know how to knit self taught mostly have had a few people that know more then me show me stuff which help. Enjoy your class at least if you don't understand the pattern the instructor can show you.
    pbilotti

Answer by pbilotti at 3:16 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• No, it is not difficult at all-with a little practice and your class you will be ready to go in no time.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 5:37 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Nope not at all.Pratice,& you'll get it down quickly:]
    My_Darling_Luna

Answer by My_Darling_Luna at 6:48 PM on Nov. 1, 2010