I wonder...

If BDing 2 days after my period stops will get me a +? Hubby will be gone for 3 weeks, so trying around ovulation isn't an option. What do you ladies think? With both of my children, I didn't TRY to get pregnant, so i'm not sure if I got pregnant the day I ovulated or what, but my doctor says im VERY fertile, whatever that means. I have a feeling that it won't give me a + though :( Anyone have any stories of getting prego NOT around ovulation?

Ihavehope9

Asked by Ihavehope9 at 9:47 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Well it is just not possible to get pregnant unless there is an egg present and the only time that happens is around ovulation. The little sperm do live for a few days inside our bodies, but without an egg there is no pregnancy sorry.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:03 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Well, the only thing is, I don't ovulate in the middle of my cycle like most women do. I ovulate the week before my period, and the week after. It's strange. So I'm due to ovulate in a week, but the sperm are only alive for around 3 days at the most, i've heard. The doctor said it's abnormal to ovulate like that, but it's not dangerous or anything, it's just the way I was made. She said sometimes some women ovulate once every 2 months, or sometimes ovulate 2 weeks in a row. So it's not bad, it's just not how it 'normally' is.
    Ihavehope9

Comment by Ihavehope9 (original poster) at 11:55 AM on Nov. 1, 2010