What were your fears about becoming a mother?

honesty33

Asked by honesty33 at 9:51 AM on Nov. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• I was always afraid that I would drop my child. It was scary for me but after she was borrn and I held her for the first time I knew that my fear was silly and I got over it.
    my2loves0607

Answer by my2loves0607 at 9:53 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• With my first, I had all kinds of fear, but when my mother instinct kicked in they were gone, and by the second and third, no fears at all.

Answer by older at 9:54 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Honestly I don't think I had any in the beginning. I think I had so much going on in my life I never had time to think about if I was doing something wrong. I went with my gut and aksed lots of questions. Now that I am older and my children are older a do questions things, although now I just talk with other moms. It makes me realize I am not alone and that my kids do normal things, just like other kids their age.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:57 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I was afraid that I wouldn't know what to do, and that I wouldn't wake up when she cried, because I used to be a heavy sleeper. USED TO BE, being the operative phrase. I'm awake if she so much as sneezes at night now! And once she was born, instinct was so strong I didn't feel worried anymore.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 10:15 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I had just about every fear with kids, crying diapers, up all night. I never did hold babies as a teenager, because I was scared of them. When Ifirst found out that I was pregnant , I was really scared. My mom comforted me, telling me it is different with your own. After that I was fine from there.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:18 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I did tons of babysitting in high school and college and really had no fears of being a mom. It seemed like the most natural thing to me. Naive? Maybe..........
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:33 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Losing her, accidental death, forgetting her.. the anxieties keep going on.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:43 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• That I will be a bad mom and something will happen to him.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 4:38 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Being like my mom:(
    suelo74

Answer by suelo74 at 1:07 AM on Nov. 2, 2010